I guess usps thinks i have a potty mouth

didnt let me print until i removed guitar lol ha ha
I wonder if USPS is a UU member. Some do consider "guitar" a dirty word around here...

Firewood. .

I'll bet it was the xxx...xxx combination of letters and dots—it made it look like you were censoring a word. ;)

It wasn't the guitar. It was "UPS". :)

That is so weird.

Software can be funny sometimes...and I write the stuff so I should know. :)

I remember years ago I was writing a technical spec using Microsoft Word (2000, I if I remember right). Anyway, I was accustomed to seeing (and ignoring) the automatic grammar recommendations from Word. When you're writing technical documents you sometimes have to use sentences that, while correct, are more complex than you find in ordinary communications. One day though I saw a classic "Microsoftism." I even took a screen shot and kept it for ages. I had written a fairly long sentence with three or four parts. It was a complex sentence but it was clear, unambiguous, and said exactly what I meant to say. Word flagged it and the "recommended change" was exactly the same with the single exception of the word "not" added to one of the parts. The "recommended change" was just as complex as the sentence that was being "simplified" - and just happened to alter the meaning of the sentence to say exactly the opposite of what I intended it to say.

Top Bottom