pink floyd will help me learn...

Quinntheeskimo

Reaction score
maybe im wrong guys but im pretty sure i will only pick this up if i can learn a few songs that i know how they sound and th elyrics allready. im not a man who remembers stuff like 50 chords and then when to use them, at least not until i know what the chords are supposed to sound like, so im looking for the lyrics and chords for some floyd songs. ie pigs on the wing 1 or 2 or wish you were here or... please help, im alone with a nice uke and my girl aint moving to be with me so id like to sing some sad songs to myself:) thanks

Aloha, Quinn -

I totally get where you're coming from. Like you, I found it much easier to learn the basics of playing when I began using songs I already knew. There are a lot of "beginner" tutorials, but they use songs with whcih I had no familiarity, so learning them was really tough.

The trick is to find songs that translate very easily to the uke. Some songs seem to require some work in arranging them for the uke before they sound like the song. Others are just a really smooth and easy fit. I reckon Pink Floyd may have a bit of both, but I'd suggest you stay away from their soaring guitar or ephemeral songs (I don't think Comfortably Numb would be an easy application).

Maybe something a bit more basic, "three-chord" rock n roll? AC/DC works great for this.

There are quite a few Pink Floyd songs on chordie.com . You can use the tools on the sidebar to show ukulele chords, and even transpose most of the songs automatically, if you want to get a more uke friendly key.

you are right, Pink Floyd will help you learn! Awesome man, I love the Floyd. Try comf numb if you already know the lyrics, its actually pretty easy, but ya like mentioned, don't worry bout the solos.
Bm 4222, A 2100, G 0232, Em 0432, Bsus 4422
throw the old record on the turntable, make sure ur in tune and nail that first verse! then we'll move on to the chorus. btw, passing note b/t G and Em is F# single note.
Have fun! :)

That's definitely the approach I recommend. Pick songs you know and like and learn them. 80% of my early piano learning was nothin' but Beatles, for example. :)

"Wish You Were Here" would make a great start, IMHO.

JJ

"Mother" is one of my favorite songs to play and fairly simple. Chords can be found at ultimate guitar.com

Top Bottom