WTB Kala Pocket Ukelele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dominic Martin

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Kala Pocket Ukulele... I'm interested in one in the $150 price range and not too particular about the wood... anyone out there interested in parting with one? ;) :drool:

Please let me know if you are selling or know of any deals out there... i am new to ukes and actually only own ONE believe it or not... It's a Pono Tenor Slotted Head Mahogany... i first had a Pono Soprano but wanted a Tenor and returned it... then got a Kala Travel and returned it to get the Pono... i just want something i can really travel with so that i can always be practicing... :D

I might suggest getting a koaloha soprano noah.... i have the pocket uke and i never touch it because it comes out of tune so easily and intonation is not very good at all.

VinnyQH, thanks for the advice... wow it's really pricey... but i would rather a high-end travel uke then one that is constantly going out of tune... :D may just have to save many many more pennies... it's almost the price of my Pono Slotted... wow!!! but it sounds great from the reviews... :D

My other (soon to be) travel uke is a karadoo carbon fiber one, the concert with tenor neck. They make a soprano sized one called a ghost.... so sturdy it could take a bullet!

VinnyQH, wow you are a wealth of knowledge for these travel size ukes.... thanks!!! now i'm looking into that one as well.... :D i prefer a tenor to play and sing with but the soprano is ideal for travel and practice.... hmmmm... what do those cost? oh, $495 almost the same price as the Koaloha Noah.... hmmmmm....

I literally just payed (meaning today) for my koaloha soprano noah from ukulele source in san jose california. No one had a used one they wanted to sell. The only other place i saw for sale was http://shop.theblueguitar.com/products/koaloha-noah-ukulele?utm_source=google-product-search and it's brand new. You have to remember the noah retails for 560, and they usually fetch retail pricing since it IS a koaloha.

I only know about these travel ukes cause i was in the same boat as your within the last month haha. Good luck on your search!!

wow so Vinny, did you just start playing the Uke as well... i have had mine for 13 days now.... :D

i live in sf so i can always swing by San Jose one of these days and check one out.... :D

I REALLY started to play a month and a half ago when I saw a picture of a pineapple sunday, so two weeks later I picked one up and now pretty much every day i'll play and strum for awhile..... not very good, but i can play a couple of songs.

It looks like ukulele source would probably be where you want to go check things out also, just by looking at all the reviews and talking with them, they are really nice people!

yeah i am trying to learn a bunch of techniques but i think i just need to learn so easy songs and find my singing voice with the tenor ukelele... i just changed my g string to a low g today.... i am now just getting used to it but i like it... :D

I literally just payed (meaning today) for my koaloha soprano noah from ukulele source in san jose california. No one had a used one they wanted to sell. The only other place i saw for sale was http://shop.theblueguitar.com/products/koaloha-noah-ukulele?utm_source=google-product-search and it's brand new. You have to remember the noah retails for 560, and they usually fetch retail pricing since it IS a koaloha.

I only know about these travel ukes cause i was in the same boat as your within the last month haha. Good luck on your search!!

hey Vinny can you fill me in on how the Koaloha Noah plays and such.... i was wondering about the dimensions as well... i know it's 2/3rds the size of a regular soprano but it's not specified on the website... wow i would love to get my hands on a Noah and hear her sing... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom