Maintenance of the fundamentals

Vladim

Reaction score
To improve my English I’m listening a podcast aimed at accent reduction. There I’ve heard a comparison of learning English sounds with learning music. To sound like a native speaker one should repeat sounds of the target language again and again like a musician who plays, for example, the same scales every day. It’s called ‘the maintenance of the fundamentals’. In another words reviewing basics on the daily basis makes your foundation stronger therefore it becomes easier to play more complicated patterns.
I thought that’s a really good idea. But what basics should I practice every day? So far I know only one thing of that kind: a C-scale. What else would you recommend to include to my daily routine?

There are a lot of good basics demonstrated on the main page by Aldrine. You should practice the stuff that will help you improve your finger flexibility, strength, and dexterity.

I remembered another one of basics: chords progression. So far I have two, imho, 'must-do' exercises: C-scale and chords progression. Aldrine, no doubts, showed us a lot of tricks and techniques. Still, how to select among them the most vital ones which are really basics of playing the ukulele?

Top Bottom