PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance of the fundamentals

Vladim
03-22-2012, 02:17 AM
To improve my English Iím listening a podcast aimed at accent reduction. There Iíve heard a comparison of learning English sounds with learning music. To sound like a native speaker one should repeat sounds of the target language again and again like a musician who plays, for example, the same scales every day. Itís called Ďthe maintenance of the fundamentalsí. In another words reviewing basics on the daily basis makes your foundation stronger therefore it becomes easier to play more complicated patterns.
I thought thatís a really good idea. But what basics should I practice every day? So far I know only one thing of that kind: a C-scale. What else would you recommend to include to my daily routine?

mm stan
03-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Here is the fundmentals you can start with...easy nursery rhymes with easy kid songs that the rhythm and tempo is easy..
http://www.azchords.com/m/miscchildren-tabs-14963/nurseryrhymes-tabs-149957.html happy strummings

Mandarb
03-22-2012, 03:04 AM
There are a lot of good basics demonstrated on the main page by Aldrine. You should practice the stuff that will help you improve your finger flexibility, strength, and dexterity.

Vladim
03-23-2012, 01:38 AM
I remembered another one of basics: chords progression. So far I have two, imho, 'must-do' exercises: C-scale and chords progression. Aldrine, no doubts, showed us a lot of tricks and techniques. Still, how to select among them the most vital ones which are really basics of playing the ukulele?

Kayak Jim
03-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Uncle Rod's Boot Camp outlines key chord progressions to practice.