8 string Uke wanted

Nige52

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone in the UK, or possibly Europe has an 8 string Uke for sale? It appears that the Lanikai that I've been waiting for April delivery won't be on the shipment to the UK.
So now I'm scouring the internet for UK shops that might have an 8 string in, any make considered, maybe you have one you wish to part with?
Cheers
Nige

Mim ships across the water. :)

Hi,
Thanks yes I know that, I see on ebay there are lots of 8 string ukes from the US, but we have a Customs department that gets off on holding up your parcel, opening it, putting it back together badly, then charging you Customs handling, plus VAT at 20%, plus Parcel Force handling charges.....they estimate the value of what your item is worth + the shipping charges, then double it, divide by 1 and add an imaginary figure.....I have twice imported items of $100 or more, and both times paid excess on them of about $60, plus being held up in the Customs sheds....it's put me off buying anything from outside of the EU, although I would really like to as the customer service you guys in the states gets from shops like Mim is fantastic.......
Nige

Top Bottom