New Ukulele Day - Kanilea K4 Tenor

Camsuke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
We have just arrived back in Australia after a short visit to the UK.
Whilst in the UK I was lucky enough to visit the guys at the Southern Ukulele Store at Bournemouth were I found this amazing intsrument and immediately fell in love with it. What made the entire experience so enjoyable apart from their extensive range of quality ukes was the way the guys made us feel completely welcome and the way they went about their business in such a professional and friendly manner. They even gave me a seniors discount! Thanks gents, well done.View attachment 35381View attachment 35382View attachment 35383View attachment 35384View attachment 35385

Congrats. Beautiful wood grain. Glad it survived the trip half way around the world!

Congrats! Nice lookin uke. Nice lookin guy holding it, too!

Kanile'as seem to have some of the most striking grain. That's a hella beautiful ukulele! Congratulations on an ukulele/human match made in heaven! And thanks for making me drool on my keyboard. :)

Nice, very nice. Their top of the line non-custom uke...the one I'd buy, if I could afford it.

am I the only one that noticed in your photo pointing to the sign you have a cutaway in your hand, with some sort of turtle bridge. A Big Island, maybe? Hmmm.

Last edited:
I am convinced that Kanile'a makes the best looking production ukes.

Absolutely fabulous.

Congrats on your new Kanilea..wow it looks like the K5 my friend owned...even with a seniors discount it must
have cost as much as you trip..wow..thank you for sharing..Many happy years of strumming matey!!
Here is the uke my friend used to own..almost looks like twins, yes kanilea's are very beautiful..yours seems to have a nicer wood for sure..
083.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Now slap some D'addario t2 strings on there (can be found in the UU store) and be happy! Seriously I could rave all day about these strings on a Kanilea.

wow Cam, just an incredibly stunning instrument mate. Super choice. You clearly have a keen eye for a beautiful uke brother...NOW...get that bloomin recording equipment out and record something. You can only hold out on us for so long!!!!! :drool:

Hmmm Yup - that uke just about ticks all the boxes! The curl on the wood is amazing .. Reminds me of tiger stripes.
Any issues with customs/quarantine when you came back in.. Did you have to pay gst on it??

Beautiful mate - beautiful!

Top Bottom