Kala Solid Lacewood w/spruce top<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashockey16

Reaction score
For Sale:
Kala KA-ASLAT (set up by Mim)
I purchased this uke just over a month ago, but I've realized that I'm not really a spruce top kind of guy. There is nothing wrong with this uke, it's basically brand new. i can not get pics up on here but i can email them upon request.

Specs from Kala:
* 17 Tenor Scale (Distance from Nut to Saddle)
* 26-3/8 Overall body length
* 11-3/4 Body length
* 6-3/4 Upper Bout
* 9 Lower Bout
* 5-1/4 Waist
* 2-1/2 TO 3-1/8 Arched-Back Body depth
* 1-3/8 At Nut
* Solid Spruce top, Solid Lacewood back and sides
* Mahogany binding with red and black purfling
* 19 Silver-Nickel Frets
* Swan fret position Marks at 5th,7th,10th and 12th frets on neck and top of fingerboard
* Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
* Mahogany neck
* Multi-Layered Headstock cap with carved Kala logo
* Ebony nut and saddle
* Chrome Die-Cast Tuners with Black buttons
* PREMIUM AQUILA NYLGUT STRINGS

I'm looking to get 300 plus shipping. This sale includes a tweed hard case. PayPal will work, but I'd prefer a check.

pm me or email me at shockey135@gmail.com

Thanks for looking,
Aaron

You may not be a spruce top type of guy, but I bet those aquilas sound a bit brash. I'd put Worths, or Savarez Alliance strings on and I bet the spruce would sound pretty sweet.

That's a wicked mind bender that uke rob has a picture of Aaron's ukulele.

Sent a PM. Best I can offer at this time.

AB

I just acquired one of these, used. I have had a lot of Kalas in a variety of woods[solid koa, acacia,mahogany] and in my opinion, this is one of the best looking/sounding ukes kala has put out. the lacewood has that same iridescence that curly koa or flame mahogany has. the spruce top/ lacewood combo gives this instrument a clear , bright, ringing tone. the strings that it came with are what I believe are worth browns, and seem to be a good choice, you might want to try that before you sell it. the workmanship is very good, you have to look very hard to find even the smallest of flaws. I have some very nice instruments in my stable and this uke compares favorably with any of them. highly recommended. I have to say I am a spruce kind of guy though, I also am fond of cedar and mahogany. koa is nice too.

Last edited:
Damn it. I just bought one of these off of Mim last night. I'm more than happy to contribute to her business, but I wish you would have posted this yesterday.

New ukes need time to open up, esp. spruce.. String selection is one way but the wood needs to feel the vibrations of being played. There's nothing sweeter than an aged Spruce top that's been played. If it doesn't feel right, you won't play it. I'm sure it'll go quickly.

For me, it's not so much about the type of wood or how it looks; it's all about the action and how the fretboard feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom