"It All Belongs To Me"

H

Hippie Dribble

1927. Irving Berlin. written for the Ziegfeld Follies of that same year.

still mining the catalogue of the Great Cliff 'Ukulele Ike' Edwards. This tune is one of my very favourites of his. I found it on an Audiophile release entitled 'Singing in the Rain' which is a selection of performances that cover the breadth of his incredible career.

There are no chords or sheet music I could find for this so the version you are watching is by no means a definitive one. More, it is what I put together from listening to the recording and going with what felt right. If anyone would like to know the chords I am using just put up a note on the thread and I'd be happy to transcribe them for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bLjfIkOBJ0

cheers gang and thanks for watching :)

Very nice!

Sweet As...
I am not certain I have heard too many songs that just rip right to the middle of me, this one did.
My god this is good...really good.

Nothing to add to what has already been said. Thank you, Jon, for sharing your talent with us!!!

You always hit the target! I don't know how you keep up the quality of music!

Loved it as with all your songs-you do great work! Thanks for sharing this with us!

If "it" consists entirely of ukulele-playing and singing ability, then yep, it does all belong to you, Jon. Nice one.

Great Job... Fun song.. but get out of the corner!
thanks Carrie!!! um, that's the naughty corner actually. :p I'm rarely out of it.
Woo Hoo....love dat ole timey style you have bruddah...keep them coming..
cheers Bruddah!
another beaut, Jon.... I don't know where you and Doc keep coming up with these great tunes, but please don't stop.....
Thanks Bill, not likely to stop anytime soon, not if I can help it mate. Sorry man, I've been crazy busy this past few weeks and crazy depressed as well. I WILL get onto our tune this week. :eek:

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah! Wonderful version!
aah, blessings doc. thanks mate.
Great rendition, yet another song I've never heard, keep em coming mate.
yeah Eroll, there just seems to be a bottomless well of these old tunes once you start digging, thanks for the compliment mate
Nice Jon! Always fun to hear you play these old ones.
thanks Bob! Lots of fun these wonderful songs from the great Cliff.

Top Bottom