Worth browns = high tension?

Ryan<3Ukes

Reaction score
Are the worth browns supposed to feel tight? I find them hard to bend while I'm playing and they're a lot tighter than the D'adarrio strings I use for my tenors. Is it because the worths have to be strung tighter to get them at the right pitch? I've used the mediums and the fats and they both felt like they had pretty high tension. (Although I think the mediums felt a little bit better). They sound much better than the aquilas, and the D'adarrio t2's that I strung my Kamoa with but I just don't find them that comfortable. I haven't tried the D'adarrio J71's yet because I lost the G string with the set I had :( . Anyone have the same experience as me?
I like the tone but I'll probably switch them out for strings that sound good and are more comfortable for me.

I personally like the martin M620 for my tenor...balance tone and comfortable with good playability.
of course you could drop tune you uke for better playability and comfort and a deeper richer tone..
Good Luck and Happy Strummings

I have always found Worth Browns to feel pretty loose
compared to other brands! I use them on a couple of my
instruments,and as a long time Aquila fan, I suspect that
I may be shifting my allegience...!

Worth browns have become my favorites. They are comfortably 'slack' on both my tenor and baritone. I have to use a wound fourth string on the baritone.

I've used Worth browns and not found them to feel tighter than other strings. Do all four strings feel tight? If not, perhaps they are stung in the wrong order. If they are all tight, I would suspect they were mislabeled and are the wrong set of strings for your instrument.

. If they are all tight, I would suspect they were mislabeled and are the wrong set of strings for your instrument.
Mine are the tightest strings I've ever had. I've got them on my Kanile'a Tenor. I might have investigate what you said about mislabeling, bending is near impossible.

I tend to believe that they are kind of medium...specially if you compare them to any classical fluorocarbon strings that most of the time are much tighter even if you pick normal tension.

I find Worth Brown to be the best on Koaloha ukes....for whatever reason, I think they just balance very well with the tone of Koaloha's ukes. It's the only time, I'll use Worth strings.

Worth Medium Browns have become my string of choice but don't find them tight at all. The Low-G I recently put on my Mainland ceadr/rosewood pineapple actually feel a bit slack. I recently put Fremont Medium Low-G Blacklines on my tenor and really like the tension and sound.

Top Bottom