Truth Be Told - My First Original Ukulele Song!

erivel

Reaction score
I've written a handful of songs on the ukulele and have never finished any of them. I don't really consider this one finished yet. Well...it has a beginning and an end, so I guess it's done :p

I hope to start working on more originals in the near future. I'd appreciate your feedback, thanks!

Really sweet tune, Eric - great harmonies, nice lead uke, and pretty melody..... can definitely hear it in the context of a larger band, a sound like Pavement or some of Sonic Youth's lighter stuff..... nicely done, man - looking forward to hearing more originals....

Really sweet tune, Eric - great harmonies, nice lead uke, and pretty melody..... can definitely hear it in the context of a larger band, a sound like Pavement or some of Sonic Youth's lighter stuff..... nicely done, man - looking forward to hearing more originals....

Thanks Bill! Yeah I envision adding bass, drums, and keys to it.

Last edited:
Gorgeous Eric. Superb singing and playing and just some lovely lyrics there...reminded me of old-school pop from the 50's and 60's...even some Motown kind of swing. beautiful chords. Everything just so right man. Can't wait for more!!!!! :)

Really nice. Great lyrics and the strum fits perfectly with the vocal feel.

John

Excellent work Eric, loved it. One of the really nice things about this song is that it works extemely well with solo uke or would work equally as well with a band. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Campbell!

Brilliant!! Could you provide the lyrics?? Thanks!!

Sure, thanks for asking! It was originally intended to be a lullaby for my four year old daughter who's having trouble sleeping. But then some of the lyrics are aimed at my wife, so the song is for both of them...

"Truth Be Told"

When you lay awake at night snuggled in my arms so tight
What do you think about? What do you dream about?
I'm dreaming of you

And when you sit there in your chair, staring at the walls so bare
What do you see in me? Can you tell me honestly, are you happy?

The truth might hurt, so you might just want to lie
Oh there might be some hope left here in this hopeless guy
Truth be told, I don't wanna grow old unless I'm growing old with you

See the stars shine in the night, faster than the speed of light
You can count them all. If you do then you will fall asleep next to me

And soon the dreams are in your head like raindrops falling on your bed
Oh it seems so real and then you begin to feel secure, eventually

The truth might hurt, so you might just want to lie
Oh there might be some hope left here in this hopeless guy
Truth be told, I don't wanna grow old unless I'm growing old with you

The truth might hurt...the truth be told
I don't wanna grow old, unless I'm growing old with you
Unless I'm growing old with you

Last edited:
Gorgeous Eric. Superb singing and playing and just some lovely lyrics there...reminded me of old-school pop from the 50's and 60's...even some Motown kind of swing. beautiful chords. Everything just so right man. Can't wait for more!!!!! :)

Eugene, thanks so much!

Top Bottom