what would be your dream concert uke?

fumanshu

Reaction score
Hi guys! I just want to drop by to have a few ideas from members here.

After playing with mostly with tenors for a while, I might want to go back and play with a concert.

I've owned so many custom tenors that now, I'm looking for ideas for a new concert custom.

So, maybe if you have any ideas to give, I'm all open to hear them!

I might be the look of the headstock, wood combos, scale lenght, depth of the body, etc....

thanks

An offset soundhole koa concert Moore Bettah, a koa concert Kasha by Eric DeVine, a myrtle by Mya Moe and a mahogany Compass Rose by Rick Tuner...

That would be my dream line-up of concerts...

Interesting, I never own anything done by Eric Devine...anyone has experience with his ukes?

I second the Moore Beetah.

I knew you'd pop in Kimo...Thanks for the co-sign... :iwant:

P.S. did you walk out with the Koa Pepe?? :cool:

I've always been intrigued by ukes made out of non-traditional woods, especially from Hawai'i. As much as I love koa, I'd go for something a little more out of the ordinary if I was ordering a Moore Bettah or DeVine and money was no object.

Also a huge fan of Mya-Moe, especially their mango and myrtle ukes.

I saw a custom KoAloha Pineapple Sunday with a concert neck instead of a tenor neck a while back, and I'd be all over that if I had the cash too. I love the Pineapple Sunday but the longer neck throws off the balance a little.

I love my Boat Paddle M-Style 5 string. I was attracted to the look of it initially, and Jerry was very easy to deal with, taking my thoughts and ideas into consideration and putting his expertise in play to help me make a good decision. I just changed the strings on it (I've been playing it A LOT) and put on some Kala Reds, and I think that's the winner with this ukes wood combination.

My dream concert(s) would be a National Resophonic and a Koaloha.

...as you can see from my signature, I am a happy guy!

I've always been intrigued by ukes made out of non-traditional woods, especially from Hawai'i. As much as I love koa, I'd go for something a little more out of the ordinary if I was ordering a Moore Bettah or DeVine and money was no object.

Also a huge fan of Mya-Moe, especially their mango and myrtle ukes.

I saw a custom KoAloha Pineapple Sunday with a concert neck instead of a tenor neck a while back, and I'd be all over that if I had the cash too. I love the Pineapple Sunday but the longer neck throws off the balance a little.

I like PS too even if I don't own one...but I have a sceptre concert that I like a lot but I would like a concert with a fuller sound...something that can come close to a tenor but in concert size.....

I know that concert size will never sound like a tenor because of its size...

I love my Moore Bettah concert. It is his nsb model with ebony as the secondary wood (fretboard, binding, bridge, head plate). None of his amazing inlay, a little basic stuff, and it sounds amazing. When I ordered it I pretty much just told him I wanted a great sounding uke and he delivered. He did ask a few questions about looks (secondary wood and koa color) but besides that I let the man do what he does.

I love my Moore Bettah concert. It is his nsb model with ebony as the secondary wood (fretboard, binding, bridge, head plate). None of his amazing inlay, a little basic stuff, and it sounds amazing. When I ordered it I pretty much just told him I wanted a great sounding uke and he delivered. He did ask a few questions about looks (secondary wood and koa color) but besides that I let the man do what he does.

dnewton2...Can we see pics please?

Might be a Devine. I wonder how they sound without Kimo Hussey. I listen and realize how great a player Uncle Kimo is. He could probably make a Koaloha sound like an orchestra.
I'm planning a new uke that I hope will be my ultimate "me" instrument. Right now I'm thinking it will be a concert, but whatever size I decide on, it will be a Mya-Moe.

dnewton2...Can we see pics please?

Since you asked.

attachment.php

There are a few more in my profile here. Dont want to detract from OP thread. But this is my concert of choice.

I knew you'd pop in Kimo...Thanks for the co-sign... :iwant:

P.S. did you walk out with the Koa Pepe??

Aloha Bruddah Phil!

You know me so well! :biglaugh: My dream uke would definitely be a DeVine - would prefer a Muse Tenor :drool: ... but I'd take a DeVine Concert in a heartbeat!!!

No ... haven't pulled the trigger on the Pepe Romero Jr Koa Tenor. It's waiting for you to snatch it up!!! :rofl: Nice uke for sure!

Malama Pono,

Kimo

Top Bottom