FS: Kala Baritione - "The Tree of Life"

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
I will probably regret this but here it is on the board. Here is the ultra-rare Kala baritone - "Tree of Life." MGM will remember these as I think he was the one who got a hold of them originally from Kala a few years back. I think there were around 20 of these made. I used to own a baritone cutaway with pickup version and this is the non-cutaway without pickup version. I think the story goes something like Kala was testing the waters to see if they could mass produce the amazing inlay on the fretboards but found it was too expensive so they dropped the idea.

Flamed Maple back and sides with spruce top.

This uke is in perfect shape and comes with an amazing case courtesy of Tim aka WhenDogsSing. It is currently strung gCEA.

Price? Man, I don't know how to price this. Let's go with $700 + $30 shipping CONUS, but I'm willing to listen to advice up or down from you great folks here on UU. I don't want to try to take advantage of anyone but I don't want to be taken advantage of either.

As Mouthy says, "I'm always open to trades," but I could use the cash to pay off a few bills like everyone else.

PM me or email me dprovines@provines.net

$(KGrHqFHJFIE88e5RSipBPZmS0l7Bw~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqNHJEoE88d-jP6PBPZmTHeTQ!~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqFHJBUE8+mZ,sjZBPZmTKj+K!~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqZHJCYE9!HrGPN+BPZmTLcE1!~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqUOKoYE6e2R6+M6BPZmTQrnL!~~60_57.jpg

Last edited:
oh David, it's beautiful. Would love to take it off your hands as I've just discovered the joy of baritones, but I just can't afford it. Hope it sells nice and quick for you mate, it's a real sweetheart.

It really is pretty! I love baritones, and I'm tempted, but I have a Mya-Moe baritone in queue and I just bought a Kamaka baritone last year, so it would be hard to justify my buying yet another one. I hope this ends up in a loving home, though. It's beautiful.

Is there a possibility this is a flamed maple, not mango? Looking at Kala's other models, it looks more like their maple grain. And it's labeled an "FMB". Just curious! It's really gorgeous. If it were a tenor instead I would have seriously considered it. :)

Is there a possibility this is a flamed maple, not mango? Looking at Kala's other models, it looks more like their maple grain. And it's labeled an "FMB". Just curious! It's really gorgeous. If it were a tenor instead I would have seriously considered it. :)

Hi Natalie, well... you've got me thinking. I always thought it was mango but you're right about the look and the label seems to support that theory. I need to phone a friend on this, anyone have thoughts on this?

Are the back and sides solid ?

It's spalted maple, I'm the original owner. The back and sides are laminated. Top is solid spruce. I've never played a better sounding baritone than this one. It's loud and has uncommon projection. Playability is excellent and the sound is absolutely heavenly. So why did I trade it off? "The devil made me do it" is my only excuse. I am in line for a Mya-Moe flamed maple baritone myself or this one would be back with me real quick. Someone better jump on it quick...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom