In case you thought I was a stick in the mud...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I used to build all sorts of guitars - only three people have one of these: myself, my son and someone in California...

SharpGuitar.jpg

That's a wild lookin thing for sure! Reminds me of a thing I saw Michael Manring play. Mind boggling.

And there's surely nothing wrong with traditionalists either. I admit I'm a fan of the guitar-ish modern Ukes, plus they're what I can get hold of, but I do appreciate the sound of a real Ukulele sounding Uke also.

That looks crazy! Post a video!
I bet it feels really weird to have the sound resonatiing from about the strings, hah

You will find this here much superior in it's composition and exposition. You can see where Andy gets his ideas from:nana:

Michael was the first guy to do all this slap and harmonic hammer-on stuff that others play sends me to sleep. Within his compositions you can feel the classical training and his work is always challenging and a true exploration of the potential of the instrument in his hands whether it be harp guitar, guitar, flute...

Another star of this instrument is Muriel Anderson

Sorry to be a fascist but I find many modern acoustic guitarist either play for effect or despite being technically brilliant have very poor composition skills. I suffer this because a lack of classical training... it's why I prefer James Hill to Jake Shimabukuro - both fantastic players but whereas James moves outside the boundaries Jake seems to have a formula that he doesn't depart from. Not my cup of tea though probably worshipped as a demi god here I suspect :music:

Last edited:
Top Bottom