BRAND NEW UNTOUCHED Custom Collings UC2 Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hippie Dribble

SOLD

so new I haven't even received it yet. I ordered this custom ukulele months ago. It's just finished being built, and is now on it's way to my home.

I can't afford to keep it, it's that simple. My circumstances have changed: I have bills to pay and no job. I'm devastated as it was my dream uke. I paid $2150 for this ukulele, not including whatever I may have to fork out in customs...eeew, just can't even contemplate that at the moment.

Anyway, here are some pics from Artisan Guitars that Bill Warmoth sent me upon it's arrival to him from the Collings folks:
http://artisanguitars.com/collings-ukulele-uc2-custom-western-shaded-top-and-rope-purfling/

I can provide my personal photographs when I receive it if you would like. If necessary I can do a sound demo as well.

Basic specs:
wide grained master grade adirondack spruce top
mahogany body and neck
ebony fretboard, bridge, headplate
vintage ivoroid binding
rope purfling
peghed tuners
18 frets, 12 to the body
haircut headstock design
tangerine sunburst finish on top
full gloss finish

PM me if you would like to talk more about this ukulele. I know I am not meeting the requirements for posting but I just wanted to give anyone interested a heads-up. I will update with my own photos when I am able and a video demo if requested. Thanks for looking.

edit: just to add, I should have the ukulele with me by week's end, 30th March.

Last edited:
Jon,

Gorgeous uke. Sorry for your situation. I'm sure it will brighten quickly as will the sale of this desirable instrument.

All the best,

Mike

damn thats bad news Jon, i wish i could help in some way man, with your talent you could be playing uke for a living, hope things start looking up for you soon, you deserve all the luck in the world m8

Aloha bruddah Jon,
Sorry to hear the rough times you are facing, wish I could help you matey...I know you was waiting and looking
forward to this ukulelel...I hope things get better soon as you deserve it, you're one of the nicest friend I know.
Best wishes bruddah..

Last edited:
hey you guys. don't feel sorry for me please. we make the beds we lie in ourselves, eh. It's cool, really. Just reality. Life. You got no job you can't have expensive instruments when you have a family and bills to pay. It's no problems...funny thing was that my daughter said today for the first time (after I started talking about selling some ukes and stuff) that she couldn't much tell the difference in sound between our $30 ukuleles and my $1000+ ones. That was a good pin prick and a pretty clear statement... he he :eek:

anyway, stay tuned for more nice ukes coming up on the marketplace too...

hey you guys. don't feel sorry for me please. we make the beds we lie in ourselves, eh. It's cool, really. Just reality. Life. You got no job you can't have expensive instruments when you have a family and bills to pay. It's no problems...funny thing was that my daughter said today for the first time (after I started talking about selling some ukes and stuff) that she couldn't much tell the difference in sound between our $30 ukuleles and my $1000+ ones. That was a good pin prick and a pretty clear statement... he he :eek:

I don't feel sorry for you Jon and I'll tell you why. I believe everything happens for a reason and often we mere mortals fail to see the bigger picture and you, my friend are entirely too awesome of a bloke for it not to all work out for you in the end.

Jon,
The Collings custom is sure to be amazing and may very well be a keeper if your daughter can tell the difference between it and the $30 uke.

My daughter gave her thumbs up for your Collings concert last month. Really open my ears to the Collings sound. Thanks mate.

Hmm, that's bad. :( Hopefully everything sorts itself out for you. :)

I bought a very similar build to this from Jon and it is ONE HELLUVA UKULELE.

If you have money- buy it. No questions. Buy it.

Jon, Here's an idea - run it past that guy in Thailand .

Tell him he can email me if he needs any vouching for the uke or you.

Bummer, that's got to be a great uke coming your way......maybe you could sell something else instead?
I've been in this position in the past and kicked myself repeatedly for the decisions I've made.
Good luck on your situation and I hope that the Collings finds a good home if you aren't able to keep it.

Sorry to hear that, Jon- it is only a uke, after all.
Hope the Luna can soften the blow a bit, though.

Bummer. Maybe you can sell off something else instead, since this one is more personal to you (as a custom)?

yes folks, I will be selling off other things as well. However, aside from my music and book collection, ukuleles are the only things I really own of any value. I will be selling my banjo, dulcimer too but ukes are it. And so yes, you're right...there are other things I can sell...UKES!!!! Unfortunately I must sell this one though as it is the most expensive one I own by a considerable margin.

Just had a call from customs. It has arrived and is "awaiting release" (read...my payment of a massive clearance tax...) ha ha

More pics as soon as I can get em. :)

[QUOTE=chrimess;901383] it is only a uke, after all.

Nicely put, sometimes it's easy to forget that........
you know what, over the last few weeks I've actually spent way more time playing my cheapo ukes. The thing is, I get exactly the same amount of enjoyment out of them and quite frankly, I really can't notice the difference in sound either. My ear just isn't that complex and subtly wired. I appreciate your comments but don't think I'm finding this difficult folks. I'm not at all. It's just life.

It IS only a uke, so true Christian. It's a thing, an inanimate object. A very beautiful sweet sounding one, but an object nonetheless :) I still am praying someone wants to buy it though!!!

Hope the Luna can soften the blow a bit, though.
thanks brother. There is no doubt about that mate. thankyou. :) When you gonna put up your final overview of the contest and all???You know I started one for the 'seventh season' yesterday...check it out mate...and you can enter!!!!!! You're finally released from judging duty!!!! yay!!!!! :p

Nice specs on that one Jon. Someone will get a beauty without the wait. Seems your daughter has wisdom beyond her years making you a very fortunate man.

Sorry to hear about the financial difficulties but I'm glad to see you've got the right attitude about it. It's so easy today to measure "success" by what we own when all to often the end of that is just that stuff ends up owning us! For the last couple of years I've been paying over $300 a month to rent three storage rooms and I've not opened two of them in that time!

As for "cheap" ukes vs. custom ones - there is certainly a difference but it's not as great as we tend to believe, for sure. Some of your videos and dr_bekkens videos illustrate that very well. Assuming the uke is set up well so the intonation is on I think more of the difference is in the "feel" of the instrument than the sound, sometimes. For example, I was noticing just the other day that when I play the KoAloha I can actually feel the vibrations in my hands while that doesn't hold true so much with my other ukes.

Good luck with the sale. I'd be tickled to help you out by snapping it up but it's not something I can afford.

John

thanks for the wise words John.

Just want to say also that I'm open to fair discussion re price everybody. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom