The Sopranos

BrittanyClark

Reaction score
My first ukulele was a soprano, but after playing a few months I went into concerts and tenors. Now after a year and a half of playing concerts and tenors nonstop, I'm beginning to miss the sound of the soprano. Old or new, I'm up for anything between $50-$180. What do you guys think would be good for the price range? I'm somewhere in between being an intermediate-expert uke player, but I'm on a budget, ya know, being sixteen and working a part time job that only pays about $50-$70 a week. :)

On the low end of your price range I like my Luna Tattoo Pineapple for a laminate. You could also try a solid mahogany BadAax. I got one and was suprised how it sounded for the price. Better than a dolphin if you ask me (just make sure to take the Aquilas off and put Martins on). Just a couple thoughts.

Get an Islander by Kanile'a laminated soprano for $99 from HMS. I just played some Islanders in Oahu last week and I was floored by how great they are compared to their asking price.

Kalas in the upper end of your price range typically sound really good and are playable. The lower end Makalas are nice, but I think a Kala is a significant upgrade from a Makala without a significant price jump. I haven't played an Islander yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

If you save up for one more week you could get an Ohana SK-38...a soprano which many people here have and adore.

Mainland Mahogany is only $189! Your so close!

I just got my first Mainland an I love 'em!

Top Bottom