FS - Pono PTES-CM with custom FMI saddle and pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
SOLD - Pono PTES-CM with custom FMI saddle and pins - SOLD

This uke has been SOLD

Greetings, All. Time to sell a couple of my ukuleles. This is, of course, to raise funds for a new one! I've got a custom on order and would like to move a couple before mid summer. The first one I am selling is my Pono PTES-CM. This is a pretty rare uke, and long out of production. There was one for sale here not too long ago, but it was not this one, and it did not have the custom fossil mammoth ivory saddle and bridge pins that mine does. Sides and back are Macassar ebony, top is spruce. Maple binding on top and bottom, with nice purfling on the top too. Abalone rosette, and abalone inlay in the FMI bridge pins to match. Grover closed tuners with ebony knobs. The uke is in great shape, with the exception of a 1.5" hairline finish crack at the bottom of the back, right in the middle. I had this crack inspected by a luthier, and was told it was not structural and it was nothing to worry about. It was present when I purchased it last summer (although it was not disclosed to me when I bought it). I have kept an extremely close eye on it, and it has not changed one bit during my ownership. It is so fine, in fact, that I was unable to photograph it so that it would show in the picture.

This uke is a wonderful player, and quite a looker at that. It is currently strung with D'Addario J71's (high G), which I think provide the best tone. Included in the sale is a very nice Ko'olau hardshell case, the original bone saddle and bridge pins, an Oasis uke humidifier, and an extra set of strings (Ko'olau Gold, no wound, high G). The J71's on the uke are also very new as well.

I've taken great care of this instrument and it has always been properly protected and humidified. With the FMI upgrade and extras, I am asking $450 shipped CONUS. I will cover paypal fees as well.

Label.jpgw_UU sign (581 x 1006).jpgBack.jpgFull Front.jpgBridge.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely uke. Dumb question, sorry: is this a concert size? Or Tenor? Thanks.

Howzit Bruddah Steve!

It's a tenor. Don't tell me that you're interested in buying it? How's your Pono RTSH-E uke?

Aloha,

Kimo

It's in a word, AWESOME! Just like you said it would be if I stuck with it, Kimo. Thanks, Brah. Very much. Yes, I love it with all my heart.

I was getting a smidgeon of Pono p*** from sjshiner's sweet Pono. G'luck with the sale. Ponos rock out.

wowwhat a gorgeous uke...that maple and rosewood look incredible together. Good luck with the sale sj

The FMI looks really nice on that uke. Was the difference over bone noticeable? You did not replace the nut as well?

Best of luck on the sale.

PM Sent. Awaiting Reply.

Sale is currently pending. Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. With regard to your question, ronin... yes, I do believe it was a noticeable difference. It seemed to warm up a bit with the FMI. Sadly, however, I have to admit that I was going for looks. The FMI I used was a 'dark' grade, which matched the maple binding very well. The abalone inlay in the pins didn't hurt either!

The FMI looks really nice on that uke. Was the difference over bone noticeable? You did not replace the nut as well?

Best of luck on the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom