Uke Cd to Sing Along With

nix

Reaction score
Does anyone have a favorite ukulele CD that you sing along with in the car while you're driving? Jake is technically brilliant but not that much fun to sing with on the way to work.

I'm looking for a CD that has catchy songs like Jambalaya and Glory of Love and Jamaica Farewell with great ukulele strumming. Something that will get my day started off right as I go into work to help sometimes crabby college students with their research needs.

I looked for previous threads on this but couldn't find one that specifically addressed happy, upbeat, singable ukulele CDs.

Thanks,

Nix

It's IZ. I don't think anyone can be sad or tense listening and singing along with him. I happen to like his CONCERT CD, and it's upbeat and soothing. The audience cheers and applause are great--because you can FEEL the LUV. Not screams but cheers and happy cries. So wonderful.

My fave songs are on here and I sing along, which is lousy as my voice is not what it was and IZ has a voice of an angel, but still, this puts me in the BEST mood.

I only get bummed when I realize how young he was when he left us, but I am convinced God takes some of our best and perhaps they are singing in heaven. (Eva Cassidy being another gone way too soon.)

Thanks so much for the great suggestions! I hadn't considered Iz because his one Hawaii song about the land getting taken away makes me so sad. I need to get another one of his albums. Cliff Edwards and Singing in the Rain is exactly what I was looking for. The other suggestions I need to listen to. Now I'm going to go on iTunes with my list and see what I can find. Forum members know all the best stuff!

Nix

The Best of Ka'au Crater Boys.

How about James Hill's album "Man with a love song"? I love this album, and I sing along constantly. I can't say enough about James....as most people here are aware, he is brilliant.

Also, Lil' Rev's album "Drop Baby Drop" will have you singing and having a blast, it always lifts me up!

This is great but I cannot figure out how to download any files wihtout having to sign up with 4shared...

Here's a link to my MP3 file on 4shared.com.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/gp-s7YJU/MP3s.html

Please feel free to download what you want to make your own CD.

I also have the pdf files of the song sheets that accompany the MP3s.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/B1HvXFs7/Old_Time_Favorite_pdfs.html

http://www.4shared.com/folder/t6j0dd6V/Hawaiian_Song_pdfs.html

keep uke'in',

Sorry about that. I'm still trying to learn how to use DropBox for easier file sharing.

For what it's worth, 4shared.com is FREE, but confusing when it comes to downloading.

they've set it up to lead you to what they want you to pay for.

The best I can tell, select 'download' but read the screen carefully. The most obvious
'download' button answers the question about not wanting to wait 20 seconds for the
download to become available. Don't click that. Wait 20 secs and then another area will
appear where you may download the file freely.

I'm sorry for your distasteful experience. It is frustrating, hence my attempt to go to
DropBox. Everything is on 4shared, so it may take a little while to get things set up at
DropBox.

Hopefully, I'll get things set up shortly. : )

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom