Groovin' (Young Rascals ukulele cover)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
When I was a boy, our family used to have a cat named Groovin'. Honest! My brother was a big fan of the Rascals and named the cat that way. Anyway, this song reminds me of our cat. Hope you like my rendition, using my yowl-alele.

Aloha John...another GREAT job, very well done, loved it!! BTW...cool uke!!!!

Ho John, takin me back to Hi School days @FHS. Da Phantoms use to play all da Rascals songs.

That's Kat-tastic!!! Love that song. you harmonize with...you very nicely:)
Thanks for sharing the song and the story behind it, That uke is the cat's meow for sure.
Don

Last edited:
Thanks for this one! You do a great job on all your videos, but this one might be my favorite!

yep, great song, great voice, great uke

Yowza ...brings back da memories brah....great job....dat is a cool uke....wea did you get dat one...must have cost a mint eh...keep um comin" keone

Thanks for the groovy comments, friends! Really appreciate it! Stan, yeah, this one was a splurge for me. I remember seeing this on on the Internet from almost the time I learned how to use the Internet! It was on my wish list for the longest time and I was really glad when I could finally get it!

Nice one, John.

I'm pretty sure I've seen photos of either that uke, or a close cousin before. Is that a Talsma?

And please don't tell me it is strung with cat-gut...

-Kurt​

Thanks, Kurt! It was built by Allan Dodge and painted by Robert Armstrong. Heh heh... I don't know what kind of strings they put on it. I've used this uke in one other video I made, a cover of Elton John's "Honky Cat." You can see a slightly different version of this "yowl-alele" on Mike DaSilva's website.

gee John, what a lovely clip. Superb performance and sweet retro, feel-good vibe. Really top shelf mate :)

Very well done-great old tune that always put me in a mello mood and you captured it perfect! Love that uke too!

thank you, thank you, thank you. this was exactly what I needed after a crazy day at work :)

Thank you! Ha ha, I guess that line "couldn't get away too soon" applies, huh?

Really diggin it, John - great harmonies and such a nice vibe..... perfect for our weather here - everything is starting to bloom, it's warming up, and spring is springing.... thanks for posting it....

Thanks, Bill! Thanks, barefootgypsy! It's a great song for approaching summer, isn't it? I should have added birds sounds to the intro like in the original! : )

Top Bottom