Bought a uke off ebay, possibly Bruko, need help identifying.

getonupnow

Reaction score
$(KGrHqJHJCYE9!E7)2ozBPWkeeHhkw~~60_58.JPG

So I've yet to receive it, but it was very inexpensive and looked like it might be a good find.

The seller listed it as having a 'made in west germany' stamp on the inside and that it is made of solid wood, no mention of a brand name but I didn't ask. I did a little googling and I thought it might be Bruko. I don't get the impression that it's very old, however I couldn't match it up to any of their current models. I dont really have any other information as it wasn't sold or listed by a subject matter expert. If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

The edging around inside of sound hole is very Bruko. But I will say this. Bruko don't use labels inside or names on headstock. What they DO have though is the Bruko logo embossed on the wood of the back, visible thru sound hole. If that ain't there, then I'm not sure..

Hmmmm.....I wonder what it is. Is that a plastic fretboard? I'm not aware of Bruko using plastic fretboards but I don't know much about Bruko.

Hmmmm.....I wonder what it is. Is that a plastic fretboard? I'm not aware of Bruko using plastic fretboards but I don't know much about Bruko.

Rosewood?

They got a nice site that I was trying to use for comparisons. The soundhole, shape, and the way the tuning pegs are set up is what led me to think it might be Bruko.

http://brueko.de/en/index.html

Rosewood?

http://brueko.de/en/index.html

They have a nice site I was using for basic comparisons. The soundhole, tuning-peg-area setup, and overall shape looked a bit characteristic. Or maybe I just want it to be similiar.

Blab - that one on Elderly looks very similar. The one from the OP also has a bridge that doesnt look Bruko.

Also, whilst Bruko employ the ring around the sound hole, they do so for decoration, and their ukes are solid wood. Some other manufacturers used that technique to hide a laminate top.

definitely not a Bruko. Looks, as Mike said, like one of the gazillion plastic fretboard/laminate models from the 1950's and 1960's.

Top Bottom