Thank God I play the uke.

ukeonthebeach

Reaction score
I just had spinal surgery yesterday and I am not allowed to lift over 5lbs for 2 weeks and then 10 lbs for 3 months which rules out grabbing guitars with their cases, and my banjo. But not my ukes. They're light as a feather and I have a bunch hanging at arm height on my wall. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't play any music for any significant period of time, so thank God I have my ukes!!! ;)

Last edited:
Not only are plenty of instruments heavier than uke, but they require you to sit or stand a certain way, and the ones that are lighter might require lots of air pressure going on inside you that might well hurt a healing spine..

Nah, thank goodness for that ethos that a good uke is a light uke! But don't overdo it, and get well soon!

I know what it is like to be laid up with serious surgery. Da-time tv is enough to make you claw your eyes out.

Happy strumming and get well soon!

If you thank god for your uke playing, who do you blame for your bad back ?

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Heal fast, and just be careful, even with a uke. Take your time...

I'm glad you're going to be able to continue to make music while you heal. I hope you recover quickly and fully!

... thank God I have my ukes!!! ;)
Here's to your speedy recovery... but which god(s) do you thank? Me, I prefer to thank the doctors, the nurses, the uke manufacturers and distributors...

Here's to your speedy recovery... but which god(s) do you thank? Me, I prefer to thank the doctors, the nurses, the uke manufacturers and distributors...
What he said........ and here's to a speedy recovery and lots of therapeutic uke-ing. You take care now. :)

Well naturally I thank the doctors, nurses and fine instrument builders in this world for their services. "Thank God" is a figure of speech that I am sure we have all heard...

And thanks again for the well wishes folks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom