Most Feared situation for the uke player

haolejohn

Reaction score
I was sitting in my classroom the other day jamming with one of my co-teachers (guitar player) when another one of our co-teachers commented on the beauty and sound of my uke. I paused to admire my uke (solid koa top with solid mahaghany back and sides) when I noticed a crack on the back. I had no idea that it was cracked. The previous week I had spent twenty minutes in the principals office trying to convince him to spend $500 of our budget on 10 student ukes for the uke club I've started. It wasn't there. Anyways to make a long story short I packed her up in the box I got a martin backpacker in (thank you Tuscardo) and shipped her over to Maui to get it repaired. I'm clueless as to how it got there (I live in Georgia where the humidity is worse than Hawai'i and i store a humidifier in the case). Now I have been forced to play my six string. I miss my 4 strings. Anyone ever experienced something like this?

no but man that sux!! did you somehow put to much pressure on your uke? this happened 2 my friend when he leaned over on his uke while playing.

Yeah. The first time my uke got cracked (what, 6-7 years ago?) I was devastated...I was so sad...My dad repaired it, but honestly, my uke is 8 years old and I play it at least 5 times EVERY DAY, and it's been dropped, kicked, and everything possible. It has at least 3 cracks, but it still sounds nice. :D

The only reason I don't get it repaired is because then I'd have to ship it away, and blah blah...but then...what will I play?...haha

lol yeah i noticed some small cracks along the bottom of MY uke but they're not that serious.. I'm glad they aren't too

sounds perfectly fine

Top Bottom