NPE show in Orlando Florida next week and I want to bring my UKE!

flyingv8

Reaction score
Anybody attending the NPE show next week? I can just fit my Lanikai into the carry on and would love to meet other players there. I haven't been playing very long but since I will have the time in the evenings I want to have fun and I think meeting some new people and hanging out playing our ukes would be great! Let me know!
Don

National Plastics Exhibition. It's a trade show expecting 55,000 people. Just thought their may be some designers/engineers who play the uke attending. We could hang out after the show.

I am actually trying to find a plastic Uke to take with me! That would be so cool! Anybody have one they want to send to me?

Well I found a plastic Uke but it's a Marx Toys and the guy wants $50 for it. That's too much for a toy Uke. I did offer him $25 but he said no. Oh well, gonna take my Lanikai!

Bid on an old plastic Maccaferri Islander on E-Bay and won her! Won't have her for the show but I'm looking forward to getting a new old Uke! This is working out pretty good! Still haven't found anyone to jam with in Orlando. :(

My Lanikai is my cheapest uke but I have taken it all over the world in carry-on or in my checked bags, it has not broken yet. Bring it!

......Still haven't found anyone to jam with in Orlando. :(

There's an ukulele meetup group in Winter Park, FL, which is apparently not that far (less than 10 miles) from Orlando. http://www.meetup.com/Winter-Park-Ukulele-Meetup/ You could try contacting someone who's involved in that group, or posting a message on the group's meetup page, to see if there's any interest in an ukulele jam while you're in the area.

Last edited:
Top Bottom