Brittni Paiva signs with Kamaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
According to her twitter page (http://twitter.com/#!/brittnipaiva) uke artist Brittni Paiva is now representing Kamaka -- I swear I can only remember her ever playing KoAloha ukes, I guess I need to rewatch her DVD but I don't ever remember seeing her with a Kamaka before, unlike Taimane Gardner where I think I've seen her with different uke brands.

I'm surprised, that is kind of like a star athlete switching from Nike gear to Adidas (or Rawlings baseball gloves to Wilson since Opening Day is almost upon us).

So now Kamaka has Jake and Brittni, as well as Kalei Gamiao and Bryan Tolentino. KoAloha still has Herb Ohta Jr., Victoria Vox, Raiatea Helm and Daniel Ho. And of course Aldrine, Kenneth Makuakane and Stephen Espaniola are with Kanilea. I don't know why I always find weird minutiae like that interesting, I guess I always wonder if it is a question of what they actually prefer or (in the case of some artists/athletes) just who they happen to sign with.

Maybe Kamaka wants to be the Steinway of ukuleles. So many of the pianists (classical) represent Steinway. My cousin, however, represented Baldwin, what a rebel, even though his teacher was Horowitz.

I play Yamaha, no family loyalty. Even though my cuzz is responsible for my very existence. He was late to pick up my mom at the trainstation and my dad went instead. Instant sparks and love at first sight.

Wow that is amazing...I thought she was a Koaloha all the way....well things change eh.. wonder what they get aside a free custom ukulele?? hmm

Wow, Staci, that's big news to me too. I remember when I was on the KoAloha tour last April how proud everyone there was that Brittni played KoAloha instruments. In fact, one of the instruments on display on the seconds wall was a Brittni custom KoAloha that was in for repair. I wonder if she wanted something in ukulele design that KoAloha was resistant to doing, whether it came down to which company provided the best sponsorship opportunities, or whether she's just come to prefer the acoustics of Kamakas over KoAlohas (although I would think that wouldn't matter so much with amplified ukuleles). I'm interested to see what sort of custom ukulele Kamaka makes for her.

Brittni has played a KoAloha for the longest time. I guess Kamaka must be doing something right to attract name players . . .

I know endorsements can mean big bucks for celebrities, but am I the only one who couldn't care less about them? In fact, I'm kind of the opposite. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing Britney Spears' perfume or a Kardashian swimsuit.

Then there are the ones that would cause me to boycott a company completely, like Nike because of Michael Vick.

I'm with itsme here. I don't particularly care.

Unless of course someone wants to sponsor me. Then I'm all about it! :D

I do wonder about the dynamics when someone switches sponsors though. The why behind the split. Ukulele drama!

Then there are the ones that would cause me to boycott a company completely, like Nike because of Michael Vick.

Here here! I think it's interesting because of the story behind it. It's one thing to be known to have another brand in your otherwise sponsored arsenal, it's another to switch contracts entirely. Gotta wonder what that story is, but contracts as they are, it will never be for us regular folk to know.

I remember when I was on the KoAloha tour last April how proud everyone there was that Brittni played KoAloha instruments. In fact, one of the instruments on display on the seconds wall was a Brittni custom KoAloha that was in for repair.

I also went on the KoAloha tour last April and saw her uke there. Got a nice close up picture of it. Small world!

We don't know the background-I will still be loyal to Koaloha and a fan of Brittni

Aloha Staci,
As interesting as it is, it all comes down to Dollars and Sense. Makes sense to go where the money is. Look at when Toyota entered Nascar and Nhra Funny Car ranks. A lot of top name teams switched from American Brands. Follow the money.
Very few people endorse a product because they Believe in it, loyalty stops when the buck stops.
In any case, good for Brittni and good for Kamaka.
Just my opinion,.......................BO......................

I'm sure she has some sort of exclusivity agreement... I don't mind 2nd hand KoAlohas...

Yes but Lanikai still has me! I play my Pono and my Ohana at home but when I tour I proudly take my Lanikai LU-12, right in my suitcase, without a case for the uke. Of course no one pays to watch me play...

She's a woman. It's her perogative to change her mind. That's enough for me.

. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing Britney Spears' perfume or a Kardashian swimsuit.

Believe me that it definintly a place you don't want me!

I wish Brittni all the best and an looking forward to her new album coming out any day now that Tom Scott helped put together. Do they still call they albums? I'm old

KoAloha still has Taimane Gardner. She's better anyhow.

Brittni is probably jealous of the sweet Kamaka slotted headstock customs Jake and Kalei got. It appears that endorsing for Kamaka is the only way to get a slotted headstock Kamaka. She's got it figured out! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom