Montpelier (jazz instrumental)

ukejon

Reaction score
An original tune inspired by the great city in Vermont and by my friend there, Kevin Crossett:

Mine is a CE2 made around 2008. Volume and tone knobs. Those Ko'olau's are killer instruments. They have a beautiful acoustic sound from the chambered body, so playing them unplugged is a joy. Plus, the necks and fretboards are gorgeous....like playing a Stratocaster.

wow Jon, this is amazing stuff. very inspiring, superb, lush, smooth. so good, thanks for the post mate, wonderful. Bravo!

Lovely work, Jon. Really very nice. The CE really delivers. I just started playing a CE-1 Baritone and I am really enjoying it.

Looking forward to more .

Mike

I have Southoast Linears loaded which, in this case, is GCEA. I think the low G works very well with this instrument and captures its tonal characteristics very well. This is a great instrument, unplugged or plugged. I love it.

By the way, I believe that you have a CE-3 which Ko'olau only made in limited production. The three speed knobs (volume, bass, treble) is the telltale sign. The CE-2 has volume and tone, and the CE-1 has volume only. Also the CE-1 has a rosewood bridge/fretboard/headplate configuration while the CE-2 and CE-3 have Ebony. The tone woods for the CE-2 and 3 models are also a higher grade.

John Kitakis at Ko'olau would be able to confirm all of this.

Mike

Top Bottom