You can only leave with one uke...

No offense, but I would grab my (expensive) luthier-made guitar instead. Dollarwise, it is worth multiples of all my ukes combined.

As far as an uke-like things go, I'd say my Yairi Kanai. It was never sold in the U.S. so it'd pretty much be irreplaceable.

Much as I love my Mainland or my Kala or my Flea/Fluke, those could be replaced.

my little Mya-Moe mango soprano. Can't ever part with that one I'm afraid....

OR, my hand painted cheapo baritone....haven't put it down in days, eugenie is getting concerned.... :uhoh:

My new red burst Dolphin, or maybe the metallic blue Dolphin, tough choice! :)

Last edited:
Hah! Right now I can't even decide which baritone to take on a week long vacation in Palm Springs. I don't golf and cant imagine a week in PS without a uke. And I have only two to choose from.

One uke? That'd be my Kamaka standard. (Unless someone told me they could repair my badly broken Lyon & Healy Camp Uke to sound as good as before its series of accidents. It was my first uke. True love.)

Just one instrument? That'd be my Gibson LGO. It's irreplaceable.

My Mya Moe redwood and koa tenor resonator. I'm hoping my wife would have a free hand to grab another and that's the one I'm not sure about.

Yeah, but how'd it affect your uke playing?

i was at a local music store and tried playing a Danelectro electric on the demo floor and the frets just felt like it was so humongous. like i was this 10 year old little dude learning to play my grandpa's spanish guitar all over again. it was quite an awakening as i love guitars period. i only got into ukuleles because i played a Yamaha Guitalele and loved it.

It would be the one I play the least, because of sentimental value. It cannot be replaced and the others can.
Then I would finally play it into sawdust

Currently my Kamaka soprano that I got on Maui a year ago. If you ask again in a couple of weeks, I think I might have a different answer.

Since I'm new to UAS, I only have two from which to pick. The cheapo Dame concert would have to be left behind in favor of the Lanikai mystery tenor.

Last edited:
It would be tough between the Kanilea and Koaloha. But the Kanliea has more sentimental value, so it'd have to be that. Maybe my husband could grab the Sailor, because you can't not have a soprano.

Top Bottom