Guadalupe custom baritone strings

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Last edited:
sound like interesting strings. wondering if they mean in the description that all four strings are wound. surely not? they are not really clear as to a detailed description of the individual strings. thanks for the link. Lozark

I have them on my tenor. Yeah all four are wound; only the 4th is metal wound. The other three look like nylon wound or something synthetic, you can hardly notice they are wound.. They come in white or colored. I'm not sure if they are the best fit for my uke but are really nice strings.

I don't know if it's the same product, but I have Guadalupe Baritone GCEA strings that are tuned an octave lower than standard tuning, and they are very interesting to play around with.
All four are wound, the GCE are silver wound (I think they do brass too) and the A is nylon wound.
It's a whole new instrument with these strings.
They were a challenge to attach to the tie bridge due to their thickness, and my inexperience with tie bridges.

I just ordered a set of GCEA. Looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks for posting this info, Mike.

Mike Kaplan

I have them on my tenor. Yeah all four are wound; only the 4th is metal wound. The other three look like nylon wound or something synthetic, you can hardly notice they are wound.. They come in white or colored. I'm not sure if they are the best fit for my uke but are really nice strings.

After doing some reading here on the subject, and getting somewhat confused... I'm assuming a set of DGBE strings for a tenor would be a different set than those intended for a baritone?

Last edited:
Guadalupe strings, came on a Waverly Street Soprano that I bought a few months ago, they sound great and are easy on the fingers.

Are these Silver wound custom gauge strings or Brass wound custom gauge strings ?

Last edited:
Guadalupe strings, came on a Waverly Street Soprano that I bought a few months ago, they sound great and are easy on the fingers.

Are these Silver wound custom gauge strings or Brass wound custom gauge strings ?

The baritone have two silver wound strings and two what seem to be wound nylon strings.

would love some, but alas international shipping comes to $50 for the set of strings on the website :(

would love some, but alas international shipping comes to $50 for the set of strings on the website :(

Our automated system sometimes isn't sure what to charge for small international items so it defaults to 1lb. Send me an email and I can send you a paypal invoice with correct shipping.

I've got some ocatve belows and they're great.

Thanks for clarifying Mike! I'll get back to you when I'm not broke anymore (you know you're broke when you can't afford strings!).

Pay day soon!

Top Bottom