Help I'm new

Chrisinfp

Reaction score
I'm trying to play -the way I am - by Ingrid michaelson. It says to play G# Is that possible? Is that the same as Ab minor? Thanks

G# is the same as Ab. (So Ab minor would be the same as G# minor.) I think the simplest way to play G# is to make the G chord shape using your middle, ring and pinkie fingers, move the shape up (cloder to the body of the ukulele) one fret, while using your index finger to barre the fret closest to the nut. In other words, G# is just G up one half-step (i.e., up one fret).

ab ukulele chord.jpg

he he...or you can play the laaaaaazy way (like me) and play the G shape up one fret and not strum the 1st string. :p Or, on a soprano you can let your thumb hang over and hit the top string 1st fret while holding that standard shape, but that is a little more difficult on the longer scaled ukes.

I play that song with the following chords: F, DM, Bb, C.
I guess that is really the lazy way??? Super simple and so sweet.

or you can play the laaaaaazy way (like me) and play the G shape up one fret and not strum the 1st string. :p

Yep. I'm another lazy one who plays G# without the fretted first string, haha! :D

I'm trying to play -the way I am - by Ingrid michaelson. It says to play G# Is that possible? Is that the same as Ab minor? Thanks
Yes they are the same

Here are the 12 notes and their names. 5 have two names and the chord shapes are the same for each combo IE A# and Bb are the same chord, etc for the other 4 combos.

Notes C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab, A, A#/Bb, B

Top Bottom