"All of those Ukes"

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Reaction score
I got back into playing the uke about a year ago. Since then I have aquired one soprano and three concerts. I finally decided that I want to give the tenor a try. I wanted to get one that I could flip if either I didn't like the size or like it so much I wanted to upgrade. After a couple of emails with Mim I decided on the Ohana TK-20. VERY resonably priced for a solid mahogany top with laminate sides and back. I also like the feel of Ohana's neck.

When I told my wife she said "Where are you going to put all those ukes?"

I thought "Yes, I have reached the point where she stopped counting!" It's no longer 3 or 4 or 5. It's "all those". Don't get me wrong. I always tell her when I buy stuff. I have my $ and she has her $. I plan on (maybe) getting rid of a concert or two but I just like being at the point where ukes can freely come and go and hardly anyone but me will notice.

Congrats on the new Ohana, and UAS.....LOL Tell the wifey that you collect ukes like women collect shoes...Hee Hee

Congrats on the new Ohana, and UAS.....LOL Tell the wifey that you collect ukes like women collect shoes...Hee Hee

Or just tell her that some men collect women...she should be glad you're not one of those! LOL

When I told my wife she said "Where are you going to put all those ukes?"

I thought "Yes, I have reached the point where she stopped counting!" It's no longer 3 or 4 or 5. It's "all those". Don't get me wrong. I always tell her when I buy stuff. I have my $ and she has her $. I plan on (maybe) getting rid of a concert or two but I just like being at the point where ukes can freely come and go and hardly anyone but me will notice.

As long as that sentence doesn't end with an implied "once you move out" you're golden.

Congrats on the new uke.

John

Folks, I am sorry if this came across and a mine/hers thing. It isn't. I've just gotten to a point where my dear wife is OK with this hobby/obsession/passion so I can freely start trading different Ukes and get to enjoy various makes. Ukes seem to hold value so swapping around and really trading them around isn't as nasty as a lot of other hobbies. Variety is the spice of life.

The way I see it, for the initial cost (no matter how much it is), you get a return of happiness each time you pick up that uke. When you find the right uke's (the one / one's you will never get rid of), you have purchased a lifetime of happiness...

The way I see it, for the initial cost (no matter how much it is), you get a return of happiness each time you pick up that uke. When you find the right uke's (the one / one's you will never get rid of), you have purchased a lifetime of happiness...

Bingo my friend! And the quest is all the fun.

Cool! :cool:

When I told my husband that I have so far sold 9 ukes with two or three more coming up to market soon, and have sold two guitars and am trying to move a third (short scale classical anyone? think baritone guitarlele), he said "Oh, GREAT!" and was reassured, as I had always said I was in a sorting process.

On the last four or five I acquired he high fived me and did a happy dance to celebrate with me. ;) He understands they are a thing of joy for me.

Top Bottom