PDA

View Full Version : D'Addario T2 Titanium Tenor String Set?

kamaka_4_life
03-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Hey UU, quick question! I was browsing the merch store and saw that they now offer the D'Addario Titanium string sets for concert and tenor uke's. I was wondering how they sound compared to the J71 set as they are more expensive? Are they better quality? Also, did anyone try them on a Kamaka as I want to test it out on my ukes? I just wanted to know how they sounded compared to the J71 and other brands out there :cool: Thanks!!!

Ryan<3Ukes
03-30-2012, 05:30 PM
They're brighter than the J71s. They sounded pretty good on one of my tenors and they were a little bit louder than the J71s. I think I like the J71's a little bit better because they're warmer and I like Spruce but it really depends on what the strings sound like when you put them on.

kamaka_4_life
03-30-2012, 05:45 PM
I see... Thanks :) i'm currently using Worth's on my Tenor and Concert Long-Neck but today was the first time I saw those Titanium's for sale lol I might pick up a set soon.

They're brighter than the J71s. They sounded pretty good on one of my tenors and they were a little bit louder than the J71s. I think I like the J71's a little bit better because they're warmer and I like Spruce but it really depends on what the strings sound like when you put them on.

Kanaka916
03-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Brah, jus go buy one set, still cheapa den da Worths.

kamaka_4_life
03-30-2012, 06:31 PM
That's true, but you can string up 2 ukes with one pack of Worth's LOL :o

Brah, jus go buy one set, still cheapa den da Worths.

Dan Uke
03-30-2012, 07:02 PM
For the price of worths, you can buy 3 sets of T2s. I personally don't like the T2s too much as they are too bright. I have them on a Koaloha Tenor and personally, it's a bad combo cuz I like mellow ukes....might work with Kamaka

kamaka_4_life
03-30-2012, 08:36 PM
That's true, I guess I should just experiment on my own, but thanks for the advice!!! I love the J71's also :)

For the price of worths, you can buy 3 sets of T2s. I personally don't like the T2s too much as they are too bright. I have them on a Koaloha Tenor and personally, it's a bad combo cuz I like mellow ukes....might work with Kamaka

mm stan
03-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Waiting for a new saddle and I will try them on my Collings...will let you know

kamaka_4_life
03-30-2012, 09:31 PM

Waiting for a new saddle and I will try them on my Collings...will let you know

bdukes
03-31-2012, 01:19 AM
Had them on my Kamaka HF-3 and they sound great. Just switched them out for Fremont Blacklines to compare because I can't decide which I like better. The T2s sounded like Alohi's to me but a bit better. More sustain and a fuller quality. Probably all in my head.

HMS had a string comparison on youtube of six different with the Alohi's, IMO, sounding best. So I think you'll really like T2s. I have a few samples on soundcloud too.

http://soundcloud.com/bdukes22

Let us know what you decide. Good luck.

strumsilly
03-31-2012, 01:51 AM
I got them on my MP tenor, low G set, and I like them. they have a wound G, which I thought I wouldn;t like, but I do. they remind me of Alohi's too, but maybe its just the size and purple tint. they feel comfy.

Nuprin
03-31-2012, 01:54 AM
I use them on both my MP tenor as well as my Kamaka HF3. I originally had J71s on my Kamaka but opted for the T2s as they are a bit brighter. It's still mellow compared to my other ukes but it has a nice sound.

kamaka_4_life
03-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the help :) I will eventually test it out on my Kamaka's and see how they sound!!

I use them on both my MP tenor as well as my Kamaka HF3. I originally had J71s on my Kamaka but opted for the T2s as they are a bit brighter. It's still mellow compared to my other ukes but it has a nice sound.

Plainsong
04-01-2012, 07:02 AM
I got a set of concert and tenor t2s from the UU store, and I love love love the tenor t2s on my Kanilea superconcert. They are just a perfect match, knocking my previous favorite of Aquila New Nylgut out of the running. I never liked the Worth CTs on the Kanilea. I wanted the brightness of the Aquilas, but without the sacrifice of everything else. No sacrifice with the t2s, awesome match.

As I got a concert set, I wonder how they'd sound on the Koaloha concert. Might be too much of a good thing there, bright plus bright. But the Koaloha does have its own bottom end too. Maybe it'll work. I just feel like fluoro is kind of boring now, companies like Aquila or D'addario are actually trying to make something here, put some research into it. Yay innovation.

kamaka_4_life
04-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Hey, Thanks a bunch Plainsong! I will experiment with a bunch of strings and try to see what will be the best for my uke's! As of now, I love the worth's but I really want to try these t2's now haha :)

I got a set of concert and tenor t2s from the UU store, and I love love love the tenor t2s on my Kanilea superconcert. They are just a perfect match, knocking my previous favorite of Aquila New Nylgut out of the running. I never liked the Worth CTs on the Kanilea. I wanted the brightness of the Aquilas, but without the sacrifice of everything else. No sacrifice with the t2s, awesome match.

As I got a concert set, I wonder how they'd sound on the Koaloha concert. Might be too much of a good thing there, bright plus bright. But the Koaloha does have its own bottom end too. Maybe it'll work. I just feel like fluoro is kind of boring now, companies like Aquila or D'addario are actually trying to make something here, put some research into it. Yay innovation.

Plainsong
04-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I really wasn't expecting much, as I've never been a fan of pro artes. They were just too mellow and meh to me. Sorry to use the word meh, but they were... meh. I never did try them on the Kanilea though, to be fair. The t2s though, now we're cooking with gas. :D

Disclaimer - please no one hate me when you try them and hate them!