D'Addario T2 Titanium Tenor String Set?

kamaka_4_life

Reaction score
Hey UU, quick question! I was browsing the merch store and saw that they now offer the D'Addario Titanium string sets for concert and tenor uke's. I was wondering how they sound compared to the J71 set as they are more expensive? Are they better quality? Also, did anyone try them on a Kamaka as I want to test it out on my ukes? I just wanted to know how they sounded compared to the J71 and other brands out there :cool: Thanks!!!

They're brighter than the J71s. They sounded pretty good on one of my tenors and they were a little bit louder than the J71s. I think I like the J71's a little bit better because they're warmer and I like Spruce but it really depends on what the strings sound like when you put them on.

I see... Thanks :) i'm currently using Worth's on my Tenor and Concert Long-Neck but today was the first time I saw those Titanium's for sale lol I might pick up a set soon.

They're brighter than the J71s. They sounded pretty good on one of my tenors and they were a little bit louder than the J71s. I think I like the J71's a little bit better because they're warmer and I like Spruce but it really depends on what the strings sound like when you put them on.

Brah, jus go buy one set, still cheapa den da Worths.

For the price of worths, you can buy 3 sets of T2s. I personally don't like the T2s too much as they are too bright. I have them on a Koaloha Tenor and personally, it's a bad combo cuz I like mellow ukes....might work with Kamaka

That's true, I guess I should just experiment on my own, but thanks for the advice!!! I love the J71's also :)

For the price of worths, you can buy 3 sets of T2s. I personally don't like the T2s too much as they are too bright. I have them on a Koaloha Tenor and personally, it's a bad combo cuz I like mellow ukes....might work with Kamaka

Had them on my Kamaka HF-3 and they sound great. Just switched them out for Fremont Blacklines to compare because I can't decide which I like better. The T2s sounded like Alohi's to me but a bit better. More sustain and a fuller quality. Probably all in my head.

HMS had a string comparison on youtube of six different with the Alohi's, IMO, sounding best. So I think you'll really like T2s. I have a few samples on soundcloud too.

http://soundcloud.com/bdukes22

Let us know what you decide. Good luck.

I got them on my MP tenor, low G set, and I like them. they have a wound G, which I thought I wouldn;t like, but I do. they remind me of Alohi's too, but maybe its just the size and purple tint. they feel comfy.

I use them on both my MP tenor as well as my Kamaka HF3. I originally had J71s on my Kamaka but opted for the T2s as they are a bit brighter. It's still mellow compared to my other ukes but it has a nice sound.

Thanks for the help :) I will eventually test it out on my Kamaka's and see how they sound!!

I use them on both my MP tenor as well as my Kamaka HF3. I originally had J71s on my Kamaka but opted for the T2s as they are a bit brighter. It's still mellow compared to my other ukes but it has a nice sound.

I got a set of concert and tenor t2s from the UU store, and I love love love the tenor t2s on my Kanilea superconcert. They are just a perfect match, knocking my previous favorite of Aquila New Nylgut out of the running. I never liked the Worth CTs on the Kanilea. I wanted the brightness of the Aquilas, but without the sacrifice of everything else. No sacrifice with the t2s, awesome match.

As I got a concert set, I wonder how they'd sound on the Koaloha concert. Might be too much of a good thing there, bright plus bright. But the Koaloha does have its own bottom end too. Maybe it'll work. I just feel like fluoro is kind of boring now, companies like Aquila or D'addario are actually trying to make something here, put some research into it. Yay innovation.

Hey, Thanks a bunch Plainsong! I will experiment with a bunch of strings and try to see what will be the best for my uke's! As of now, I love the worth's but I really want to try these t2's now haha :)

I got a set of concert and tenor t2s from the UU store, and I love love love the tenor t2s on my Kanilea superconcert. They are just a perfect match, knocking my previous favorite of Aquila New Nylgut out of the running. I never liked the Worth CTs on the Kanilea. I wanted the brightness of the Aquilas, but without the sacrifice of everything else. No sacrifice with the t2s, awesome match.

As I got a concert set, I wonder how they'd sound on the Koaloha concert. Might be too much of a good thing there, bright plus bright. But the Koaloha does have its own bottom end too. Maybe it'll work. I just feel like fluoro is kind of boring now, companies like Aquila or D'addario are actually trying to make something here, put some research into it. Yay innovation.

I really wasn't expecting much, as I've never been a fan of pro artes. They were just too mellow and meh to me. Sorry to use the word meh, but they were... meh. I never did try them on the Kanilea though, to be fair. The t2s though, now we're cooking with gas. :D

Disclaimer - please no one hate me when you try them and hate them!

Top Bottom