Iriguchi ukuleles...new maker. Neat stuff

great vid Mike....what I'd give to be there sampling some of those beauties :cool:

Mahalo Plenty Mike,
Wow the Reno Event is kinda big eh....wish I was there, and in bettah condition to go...and lucky like you..

Mahalo for the video, Mike,
I was supposed to be there but plans changed. Watching your was a good second best.

Wow, what a great eye for design. He has a nice logo and everything. Prices aren't bad either!

Dave is a member since April 2010 (username is thehappyukulele) . . . For you guys in Nor Cal, he and Dianna reside in Carmichael.

That archtop is lovely, and has a nice tone. Would love to see/hear one in a concert. Are there any reviews of these ukes? Anyone know how they are for consistency, intonation, etc.?

Zero fret is interesting...Haven't seen those on ukes...What are people's thoughts on that? Kind of interesting :)

Zero fret is interesting...Haven't seen those on ukes...What are people's thoughts on that? Kind of interesting :)

All LFDM ukes have zero fret. Pahu Kani ukes also have zero fret....By the way, Pahu Kani ukes are amazing both in playability and tone wise.

Maybe an archtop under 8 grand?

I got to meet Dave this weekend too. I fell in love with his keystone ukes. He makes some of them with side sound holes and the shape is great for shorter forearms. The really exciting thing about these ukuleles though is the necks. I tried 3 different experimental necks. All of them are an attempt to make it easier to bar chords and get enough pressure. One of the necks had a V shape in the back. That didn't work for me because I have short thumbs but I saw how it worked great for people with bigger hands. He also had a a sort of angled neck and then a really thin neck. The thin one was fabulous. I never had such an easy time barring a chord.

As an aside, I'm a woman with small hands. When I say "people with bigger hands" that would probably be average size hands for a man.

Nix

Heres a great new builder..lreally liked that carved models and especially the sound of the Dali uke.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMrWwk7_MY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPad

Wow! Thanks so much MusicGuyMic! This is too cool. Had a great time at the Reno show with my booth next to yours. Note to other vendors at shows: try to get a booth next to MGM because he brings a lot of traffic! Lots going on in the workshop. Have a new FatBottom Electric Archtop in the works.

That archtop is lovely, and has a nice tone. Would love to see/hear one in a concert. Are there any reviews of these ukes? Anyone know how they are for consistency, intonation, etc.?

Pulelehua,
I'm trying to get some quality sound samples over the next few weeks. I have a couple friends who are going to help me and who can demonstrate the sound much better than I.

I got to meet Dave this weekend too. I fell in love with his keystone ukes. He makes some of them with side sound holes and the shape is great for shorter forearms. The really exciting thing about these ukuleles though is the necks. I tried 3 different experimental necks. All of them are an attempt to make it easier to bar chords and get enough pressure. One of the necks had a V shape in the back. That didn't work for me because I have short thumbs but I saw how it worked great for people with bigger hands. He also had a a sort of angled neck and then a really thin neck. The thin one was fabulous. I never had such an easy time barring a chord.

As an aside, I'm a woman with small hands. When I say "people with bigger hands" that would probably be average size hands for a man.

Nix

Thanks for coming by the booth Nix. It's always interesting to me to see what people think of the different neck profiles. I really try to focus on playability and comfort when I design my ukuleles and your main connection point is your fret hand. I really appreciate your comments.

I know someone who wants to help with sound samples!! I even have a little Tascam recorder we could use!

Top Bottom