Mim's Eleuke Solid Koa concert Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

komedy

Reaction score
Please close thread

please close thread

Last edited:
If you have a problem why not give Mim a chance to rectify it ? I bought a very nice Eluke for my grandson from Mim. She did an excellent set up.

that's pretty straight forward... I think

yep its that bad, my hard earned money for a buzzing ukulele. yeah mim recommended i try new strings since the original strings might be bad. but if it is setup before i recieve it how can strings go bad that fast?? maybe shipping damage?

i bought a rosewood tenor Eleuke from MiM before christmas last year and the set up was excellent, i do get the odd buzz when changing chords when i first start playing it but after about 10 mins i get used to the different action and it sings sweetly, being a relative beginner, my fingering of the chords can be somewhat sloppy but once i warm up they get tighter and then i start hitting them bang on the money, personally my Eleuke is the best set up uke i currently own, i'm sure that MiM would rectify any problems with your uke if you PM her she is a great lady and knows her stuff

yes i here from everyone they got a good one. but that makes me more dissapointed that mines is not even sub par to a cheap $100 lanikai ukulele. trust me ive tryed playing slow , fast, warm up before warm up, same song i know how to play with my eyes closed, same sone ive played for years , all make a buzzing noise. but i have a hunch why. will post back soon.

i bought a rosewood tenor Eleuke from MiM before christmas last year and the set up was excellent, i do get the odd buzz when changing chords when i first start playing it but after about 10 mins i get used to the different action and it sings sweetly, being a relative beginner, my fingering of the chords can be somewhat sloppy but once i warm up they get tighter and then i start hitting them bang on the money, personally my Eleuke is the best set up uke i currently own, i'm sure that MiM would rectify any problems with your uke if you PM her she is a great lady and knows her stuff

Maybe it's the sound of the piezo pickups that bothers you. Compare it to other ukes with a piezo.

can you explain? sound of the piezo pick up may bother me??

ive measure the diameter of the grooves on the nut and they are all equally the same ( aret they filed down accorrding to the diameter of the string so shouldnt be the same. for example : would you file down a 3mm groove when the a string is 2mm)

also my acoustic ukuleles i measure 2.1mm gap on the 12th fret where the eleuke has a 3.3 gap ( both are concerts )

I have an eleuke from Mim and I have never had any buzzing with it. It is little more sensitive to sound because it is amplified. You can hear your fingering sliding on the strings some. My sons play both electric and acoustic guitar. Its the same with them. Different sound.

A few thoughts. Are you plugging it in? Is it plugged in to a decent amp? check your chord too?

Otherwise if you aren't happy with it. Mim has excellent customer service and I am sure she will rectify it. Just contact her. You may just not like the sound of the electric ukulele.

ive measure the diameter of the grooves on the nut and they are all equally the same ( aret they filed down accorrding to the diameter of the string so shouldnt be the same. for example : would you file down a 3mm groove when the a string is 2mm)

also my acoustic ukuleles i measure 2.1mm gap on the 12th fret where the eleuke has a 3.3 gap ( both are concerts )

I have a tenor Eleuke from Mim and I have never had any problems with buzzing.

I have two suggestions/comments:

You might want to get your action lowered (by a luthier if you don't want to do it yourself)
It's possible your amp is causing your buzz, maybe you could try plugging into someone else's.

Good luck! I hope you can resolve your problem, I *love* my Eleuke!

A piezo pickup produces more wild noise than magnetic pickups that electric guitars have( e.g. if you touch the string ). But as the other members wrote, there are a lot of possible reasons for your problem.
I have an Eleuke tenor and I'm quite satisfied with it.

Last edited:
my ele uke is perfect with no problems, sorry to hear you are having issues with yours.. is your buzzing
from when you have the pickup both on and off...just wondering...I personally would have handled this priviately.

...just wondering...I personally would have handled this priviately.
+1, but now that it's out there, maybe you could make a quick video to demonstrate this "buzzing" sound. I (or anyone else) can tell you if it a defect, a set up issue, totally normal and/or your technique. :)

I have a Elueke pineapple tenor that I bought from Mim. I didn't like it at first only because I was used to playing acoustic ukes and this was so different. I didn't have any buzzing and it's setup well. I put it away for a few months and recently got it out and tried it again and after playing it for a while I now like it. From what I read on here and my own dealing with Mim she goes to great lengths to make sure her customers are happy. I like Stan wouldn't have mentioned names on here. I don't personally know her but I would bet she could help with the situation with all the wonderful things I hear about her. Good luck and I hope it all turns out well for you and I'm sure it will.

If the buzzing is happening through the amp, it could be a battery issue. That happened to me when I first got my Eleuke - second hand, but originally set up by Mim. The action on mine is perfect, and once I swapped out the battery, everything was golden.

yes used friends vox amp and my brand new Roland Mirco Cube amp. still the same. maybe my new hosa 15ft cord too long???

I have a tenor Eleuke from Mim and I have never had any problems with buzzing.

I have two suggestions/comments:

You might want to get your action lowered (by a luthier if you don't want to do it yourself)
It's possible your amp is causing your buzz, maybe you could try plugging into someone else's.

Good luck! I hope you can resolve your problem, I *love* my Eleuke!

my ele uke is perfect with no problems, sorry to hear you are having issues with yours.. is your buzzing
from when you have the pickup both on and off...just wondering...I personally would have handled this priviately.

yes buzzing still on or off. buzzing still there hooked up to amp or not.

thanks for the tip. no batterys on the amp im using pluged into the outlet.
changed the battery in the piezo to a duracell, same.

just wasting money and time

If the buzzing is happening through the amp, it could be a battery issue. That happened to me when I first got my Eleuke - second hand, but originally set up by Mim. The action on mine is perfect, and once I swapped out the battery, everything was golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom