"Bossa Dorado" Ukulele and Guitar Duet

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
My guitarist friend Kurt came over today to jam again. We played around with a few things, then he taught me this tune. We ran throught it a couple of times and decided to record it. My solo isn't so good, but at least you can hear me over the guitar! I also botched the transition back into the finger-picked part at the end. It was fun though!
I used the Gibson, which has a much thinner sound than my Martins, but I was impressed with how it mixed with the guitar. It's louder than I thought it would be!

The two instruments sound great together. Nicely done I enjoyed listening.

Thanks everyone! Yes, skidoo, the changes are really good for improvising over. I've been replaying the video and improvising over it, and I plan on recording myself playing the progression soon, so that I can work decent leads for it. When we "filmed" this, I'd only run through the chords of the whole thing maybe 4 times, and only soloed on it one other time, so I wasn't sure of where to go. I could hear what I wanted to do, but drifted out of key some. I did like my phrasing though. Actually Kurt had only just told me about the "B" part a few minutes before!

Aloha Chris,
Gee I missed this one...nice jam bruddah...wow wee enjoyed it...that Gibson did a great job and and so did you too...your friend's great playing fit in perfect.. thank you for sharing...

Top Bottom