FS: 2008 Kamaka HF-2 concert ukulele with hard case

Status
Not open for further replies.

janeray1940

Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD MAHALO UU!!!

No, this is not an April Fool's joke! I am letting one of my two Kamaka concert ukes go in order to finance the purchase of either a longneck Kamaka pineapple ukulele or a DaSilva custom, depending on how things work out.

The ukulele has a build date of April 8, 2008. I am the second owner and have owned it since October 2010. I liked it well enough to buy a second one just like it to string low-G, so hopefully that speaks to the quality of this uke :)

However, since acquiring my HP-1 pineapple last summer, I've come to realize that I am a soprano player, and that isn't likely to change. So I've decided to let this one go in order to fund the soprano of my dreams.

IMAG0732.jpgIMAG0734.jpgIMAG0735.jpgIMAG0737.jpg

Specs directly from Kamaka's site:

CONCERT (HF-2)

Intermediate size between the standard and tenor. Has a fuller tone, while retaining the ease of the smaller standard. Also known as an Alto.

Overall length: 23-1/2"
Scale length: 15"
Total # frets: 16
Frets to the body: 12
MSRP: $1,045​

The uke is in perfect condition aside from a small flaw in the wood on the back of the body:

IMAG0740.jpg

This never bothered me and in fact I never noticed it until a friend pointed it out. I don't think it's a "ding" as it is smooth and appears to be lacquered over, so I think it's just a quirk of the wood.

Here is a sound sample as it is now, strung with Martin M600 Fluorocarbons:

(Note that the strap is not included.)

And another sound sample when it had Aquila strings.

I'm asking $675 shipped anywhere in the continental US. I will consider shipping abroad for an additional cost if the destination is served by UPS. Payment via Paypal only.

And if you are local or willing to come to the westside of Los Angeles, I'll knock $50 off the price: $625 for local pickup.

Please no lowball offers. I am not desperate to sell this uke, but would like to see it go to a good home, AND would like to offset the sticker shock of what I am about to buy :)

Last edited:
Oh if this was just a tenor, I would take it off your hands. Good luck. Shouldn't take long to sell.

Oh if this was just a tenor, I would take it off your hands. Good luck. Shouldn't take long to sell.

LOL - if it was a tenor, I'd keep it. I can barely even do the reaches I need to on a concert uke, but I have fantasies about rockin' a Kamaka tenor someday!

Very nice...Good luck...So tempted!!! But I must refrain... :(

P.S. What type of case will it come with?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom