Finally got my Mainland ordered!!

ejnovinsky

Reaction score
After months of multiple delays, and second guessing I finally ordered my mainland tonight. I was going to order back at Xmas time, and originally was going to get a mango, but after researching it for awhile, and considering some different brands as well decided that mango wasnt the best choice for me. I ended up ordering the red cedar soprano which seems to draw rave reviews from everyone who touches it. I talked to Mike awhile back, and at the time he said doing a left handed setup would be no problem as well. Im super excited about that as it will be as close to a truly left handed uke as I can get! Cant wait for it to get here, hopefully it will be the last Uke I ever need.

I have a Mainland red cedar tenor and it's awesome. Absolutely one of the best ukes you can find for the price point. I'm sure you're going to love your soprano. The red cedar produces a fairly loud, but warm tone. :)

Congrats on your new uke, but no, it won't be the last uke you'll ever need. You'll be back for more. :p

After months of multiple delays, and second guessing I finally ordered my mainland tonight. I was going to order back at Xmas time, and originally was going to get a mango, but after researching it for awhile, and considering some different brands as well decided that mango wasnt the best choice for me. I ended up ordering the red cedar soprano which seems to draw rave reviews from everyone who touches it. I talked to Mike awhile back, and at the time he said doing a left handed setup would be no problem as well. Im super excited about that as it will be as close to a truly left handed uke as I can get! Cant wait for it to get here, hopefully it will be the last Uke I ever need.

Way to go! I hope we get to see it. Maybe you can review it for us.
Beardedgent is right...

From what I understand turning a uke into a left-handed version is nothing more than reversing the string order. Unless you order a cutaway, then I suspect it gets awkward...

Anyhow, congratulations on your next uke ;)

From what I understand turning a uke into a left-handed version is nothing more than reversing the string order. Unless you order a cutaway, then I suspect it gets awkward...

Anyhow, congratulations on your next uke ;)

yeah, Im not sure if there will be any special tweaks or not, it is comforting though to know it will be set up lefty with no buzzes or intonation issues at all, and I wont have to worry about creating any by flipping it, mostly Im just geeked to get something I play right out of the box instead of having to restring!

Congrats on your new uke, but no, it won't be the last uke you'll ever need. You'll be back for more. :p

I dont know, I dont really get the UAS. Part of the reason it took me so long to order this one is that I was and still am having a hard time justifying it. At this point my skill level has gotten to the point where I can really tell how rough my 50 dollar lu-11 sounds and how out of tune it is all the time. Especially the A string. The intonation was bad out of the box, and after my half assed at home setup it was alot better, but I can hear it, and it bugs me.....also its lack of any sustain, and sorta mushy sound. Not bashing it though, for the money it is great, and it will make a wonderful at work/ camping/ shoved in a backpack uke. Im actually suprisingly attached to it...

I have a Mainland red cedar tenor and it's awesome. Absolutely one of the best ukes you can find for the price point. I'm sure you're going to love your soprano. The red cedar produces a fairly loud, but warm tone. :)

Yeah the aggresive tone was why I chose it, like I said my first choice was mango, but everyone says the tone is understated, and sort of quiet. That really doesnt fit my playing style, and I didnt want to buy something just for the cool looks of it. The video reviews I watched for the red cedar just had me shocked by how loud it was, and thats more of the ticket for me. thanks for all the well wishes!

Good choice!

Top Bottom