Good headphones for a good price

Lalz

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share: I got myself JVC HA-S600 headphones recently. They're really good quality for their price (less than 30 GBP), especially after you've used them for a week or two and had time to properly burn them. Sound response is pretty even (which is a good thing if you want to hear how you really sound like rather than have the bass artificially boosted like many headphones do these days), and they're very very comfortable to wear. And a bonus if you have curly hair like me is that they don't pinch your hair when you take them off haha.

So highly recommended if you are on a budget and want to plug headphones into your electric uke, hear how you sound when videoing yourself playing, or closely listen to reviews on youtube. Keep in mind though that the recording equipment is very important as well in terms of how close the video sounds to real life.

Cool, thanks for the advice. Have you tried them?

theres also the koss ktxpro1 titaniums. I have an older radio shack pair (koss 35a, same headphone) and a newer one of this model and they are a great value for what sound they bring. You need a very quiet environment to use them for sound editing.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the advice. Have you tried them?

I haven't tried those particular ones, but I've read head fi for years. They are a consensus pick for quality cheap headphone. Monoprice overall has a lot of good stuff. I've thought about buying them, but I have even more headphones than ukuleles and I just don't need another cheap set. I'm sure they are great for the price.

I don't know that much about headphones and audio, but I have these Sennheiser 202 ii headphones that are FANTASTIC for only 20 bucks. Not the best headphones, but for just 20 dollars they're pretty darn good.

Again I don't have much experience in audio stuff so try checking out head-fi.org, that site helps a lot. :)

Top Bottom