A Chord Chart section

CenizaT&K-01

Reaction score
maybe you guys could put up a chord chart section for like the new ukulele players? i have seen different books with different ways to play a chord...and for some it may get confusing especially if you aren't musically inclined like me...:) so how about chord charts that you and Aldrine used when learning.

Aaron was actually working on something like this. We'll keep you updated!

Basic Chords

That's a great idea! I was working on putting together a comprehensive chord chart, but Aldrine and I were talking yesterday about it and wondering how helpful a chart of all chords and variations would really be. I think just a basic chart with chord families would be way more useful to beginners. I guess I'll start working on that instead.

if i may suggest...

two charts

1. a basic chord chart for beginners that just need to be able to look real quick and figure out how to play. but with a twist... along with the common diagram of the fretboard and strings with dots and numbers for corresponding fingers, how about a picture of the hand that is actually holding down the strings for each chord.

2. an advanced chord section showing the finer aspects of chord manipulation and morphology. ie: explanation on the hows and whys one would turn a maj chord into a minor, what constitutes diminished chords, 7th 8th 9th etc.

Thanks for all the input guys - I'll be putting together a basic chord chart for everyone who is new to uke; just basic chord families to get people started. As for the advanced stuff, we'll most likely create separate articles (with video visuals) to show more complex chords and how to break down and construct them to fit whatever sound that's needed.

if i may suggest...

two charts

1. a basic chord chart for beginners that just need to be able to look real quick and figure out how to play. but with a twist... along with the common diagram of the fretboard and strings with dots and numbers for corresponding fingers, how about a picture of the hand that is actually holding down the strings for each chord.

2. an advanced chord section showing the finer aspects of chord manipulation and morphology. ie: explanation on the hows and whys one would turn a maj chord into a minor, what constitutes diminished chords, 7th 8th 9th etc.

That is a great suggestion. I'd be interested in that second one for sure.

Maybe a tutorial on how to right out fingerings in shorthand:

when the C chord is:
A|--3
E|--0
C|--0
G|--0

it will be the same as
GCEA

ex) the basic F chord,

A|--0
E|--1
C|--0
G|--2

=
GCEA

so,

C Am F G would look like,

0003 1000 2010 0232

It seems to be the convention used on other boards and is pretty easy for uke chords and is definitely a lot faster to type.

Top Bottom