Aria Pepe "Guitarlele" - 1/2 Size Classical from Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy B

Reaction score
I'm ending my experimentation with guitarleles and selling my Aria PS48. This is a finely made little axe - technically, a 1/2-size classical guitar - that's built in Spain. It features a cedar top and either solid mahogany or sapele body. It is approximately the size and scale length of a baritone ukulele, so larger than the Yamaha GL1 and KoAloha DVI. I think it's closer, size-wise, to the Kanile'a guitarlele. The larger soundbox definitely produces a much more satisfying sound than the tenor-sized guitarleles I've played, and the solid-wood construction is sweet!

This Aria has assorted dings and finish scratches. I don't think it was ever cased.

Here are some specs and photos:

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/sets/72157629704573173/

Nut width: 1-11/16 (just under 1 3/4)

Scale Length: 19 inches

Width, lower bout: 11 inches

Width, upper bout: 8-1/2 inches

Body length: 14- 1/4 inches

Soundboard: cedar

Body: mahogany or sapele

Neck: mahogany

Strings: Currently strung with D'Addario requinto gauges, ADGCEA.

Issues: Impact ding on top of shoulder (side panel) is visible as break in the finish / 3-inch line on the back panel, near the waist edge (may be a hairline or just a finish crack, not sure)/ crunch in the edge binding. Everything else is good, other than assorted scrapes and dings. Please check the photos.

Price: $135 plus actual shipping & insurance. If using PayPal, I'll split the fees. No case, but the guitar will be well packed for safe travel. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks -- Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom