WTB: Pono tenor uke with slotted headstock

Couloirman

Reaction score
I am looking for a Pono tenor uke with slotted headstock. Id take any of the models except for maple. So that means acacia, mahogany, or the rosewood.

Id also consider the standard base model mahogany tenor or concert without slotted headstock if the price is right.

Thanks

Didn't someone just have one of those rare birds on UU Marketplace yesterday? Maybe it was maple...but maple is fabulous.

You're on the right track. Andrew at Hawaiian Music Supply has a new shipment (so the out of stock ones on his website are in stock--I spoke with him Saturday). Those are, of course, new. G'luck.

I have both a slotted headstock and a standard headstock. The only difference that I can detect is that the slotted headstock looks really freaking cool! oh, and it is slightly easier to restring.

If you are set on a Pono, and you can find a good deal on, don't be held back by the headstock. You won't be spending a lot of time staring at it when you are playing.

My experience from these slotted headstock Pono ukes is, even when they are on sale used, they get almost as much as a new one. So close (within a hundred bucks) that it's nice to get the new one, under warranty, no issues (intonation, etc), and then if you ever want to sell it, you can get within a hundred bucks of a new one, almost.

Just a thought. Andrew KItakis--Hawaiian Music Supply has (I think) the rosewood one you seek--free shipping, free hard case. Don;t email him, just pick up the phone and call him--he's super nice and will help you out. He owns the store and takes calls from new customers all the tie. I think the non-cutaway is something like $680 now, but I could be wrong.

BTW, these are truly nice ukes. You're on the right track, Colours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom