If you could play your ukulele in anyone ridiculous spot..

JKoval

Reaction score
...where would it be?

Mine would have to be chillin' with my feet kicked out the side of a helicopter, chill-ridin' over a desert, the shoreline, or some massive beautiful forsest. Use your imagination, guys! :)

-Jeff

Since we can let our imaginations run wild, I wish I could invent a Waterproof Ukulele and I would take that surfing. Imagine playing the Uke while waiting for a set to come in.

That's two days in a row where I have weird images of Deach swimming through my head. First it was as a creepy Teddy Ruxpin... now this :eek: Weird....

i dont know the place, but ill find it. its a mountain top, still well below the tree line, with massive evergreens and other trees. It over looks mountaintops with a single river curving its way though the area. Trees lined on both sides all the way though, maybe a few wood and stone cottages with a single chimney with a line of smoke. over to the bottom right (so that if you looked out over th main forest you couldnt see them) is an old village with simple stone houses, cobble stone streets, etc. in the back ground is another mountain range (this is a valley). these mountains are tiped with snow and its absolutely breath taking. there are clouds in the sky, but they are broken up to let the falling sun pass though with vivid oranges and reds. and even puruple is begining to shine

all this and then i would be playing just me and my uke for a long while, just all by my self. Then after a while my friends would come out from the camp or cabin we have set up and we would all chill listening to a uke and watching the sunset.

...yea...

i dont know the place, but ill find it. its a mountain top, still well below the tree line, with massive evergreens and other trees. It over looks mountaintops with a single river curving its way though the area. Trees lined on both sides all the way though, maybe a few wood and stone cottages with a single chimney with a line of smoke. over to the bottom right (so that if you looked out over th main forest you couldnt see them) is an old village with simple stone houses, cobble stone streets, etc. in the back ground is another mountain range (this is a valley). these mountains are tiped with snow and its absolutely breath taking. there are clouds in the sky, but they are broken up to let the falling sun pass though with vivid oranges and reds. and even puruple is begining to shine

all this and then i would be playing just me and my uke for a long while, just all by my self. Then after a while my friends would come out from the camp or cabin we have set up and we would all chill listening to a uke and watching the sunset.

...yea...

So, you'd be playing in a Bob Ross painting? or a Thomas Kinkade?

I'm stuck between on top of a mountain, strapped to a snowboard, while having a cold beverage; or back in the day, just jammin with Sublime in Long Beach.

i would have 2 say on top of mt. everest! with an ice ice cold Corona and lime!(if it wont freeze haha)

if i had to choose a thomas kinkade...just cause my trees wont just be happy, they'll heavenly.

... this is our, our special, happy tree. You tell anyone where it is and... and I'll find you.

-Jeff

Well lets see I've played in front of 1000's at a Jack Johnson concert at Red Rocks (not on the stage), next to a waterfall in the Rockies, sittin on a kayak during the Race for the Cure (safety boating for the swimmers) and in the bathroom.....

I'll have to think on this.....

Sitting in the sand on the beach at that One Particular Harbor and Mr. Buffett comes strolling along with his 12 string and teaches me a new strum.......

This one's for real, thanks to MGM!!!

Well this one is for real, mon!

My 11 year old neighbor got gifted a soprano uke from MGM so he could play it while doing skateboard tricks... Yep, uh huh, I ain't kidding no way!!!

Pearse received his beautiful laminate mahogany uke with black binding on top and back, in a very cool camo gigbag, just this last Monday. Pearse was so amazed that it was so cool. And a good uke it is - looks nice, has excellent playability, great intonation, and it's strung with Aquila's. And it is signed by MGM himself when you look through the soundhole! Real responsive little bugger with real nice tone to it.

Pearse has also started jamming with his dad who does bluegrass. They really are cool...

His dad's gonna make him a uke prototype with some plywood and bandsaw so the kid can work out his skateboard tricks holding and pretend-playing a uke-like object before endangering his real uke.

Anyway, Pearse had been mowing my lawn to earn money towards a uke when MGM gifted him. He's still working and saving for his next uke. He says his MGM uke will alsways be a keeper though, just like my S&H Green Stamps one which I've kept for 45 years or so.

Hey MGM, send me your address in Hawaii - Pearse wants to send you a thank you note.

Everyone here is just so amazed that some super cool guy in Hawaii would give a ukulele to some kid who lives in east Oakland, CA - just out of the blue. I tell you, that MGM must love ukes and want to spread the love around.

I'll try and take some pics of the uke and post 'em here!

Last edited:
Ridiculous spot huh...

I'd probably be playing Aldrine's "Buttercup"......right next him in his bed at 7 a.m., officially beginning my new life as a Human Alarm Clock. :cool:

not a ridiculous spot, but a ridiculous idea...and I bet a wonderful spot, haha :D

Top Bottom