Best...wife...ever! New uke for my birthday

DougNC

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I gave my better half a heads up that I was itching for a solid wood tenor uke for my birthday in April. Unbeknownst to me, she started saving up for it and this past weekend presented me with her savings so that whatever I ordered would get here in time for my birthday on the 17th. I don't mind admitting that I just lost it, then and there. Couldn't even talk for several minutes.

I decided I couldn't bring myself to spend all of that on myself, but would get maximum enjoyment from looking online, reading reviews, and watching videos. I was looking at Ohana and Mainland at that point.

Then, in the weekend's mail we got a substantial refund from a medical expense and she gleefully told me--emphatically--to add that to the other.

What else could I do? I extended the scope of my searching and ran across one whose video demos and reviews just had me drooling. I would never have found this otherwise, so I just figured it was meant to be.

Hopefully will be here in another 2 days and I have 15 days to make sure it is the one.

I really have the best wife ever!!!

Doug

PonoMPT.jpg
Pono MPT Pro-Classic Spruce/Maple Tenor

Exciting!!

Aloha Doug,
Wishing you an early Happy Birthday Greetings..You have and awesome wife and it is a really nice story..
Congrats on your new Pono....thank you for sharing...happy strummings
Pono in hawaiian means....morality, excellence, Goodness, duty, true nature..such a fitting name for a uke, your
wife and story..

fantastic story Doug. You are both very lucky to have each other. As for that uke, wow, she's a sweetie too :love:

Great story - congrats!

Congrats and Happy Birthday!

That is a great story. My tenor was also purchased with funds that were given to me for my birthday - in my case a joint effort of my spouse and my best friend. It makes that uke so much more special to me; I'm sure you'll find yours much the same! :)

That is a great story. My tenor was also purchased with funds that were given to me for my birthday - in my case a joint effort of my spouse and my best friend. It makes that uke so much more special to me; I'm sure you'll find yours much the same! :)

Absolutely right! This is probably the first instrument that I actually name. I think that's because there are definitely a lot of positive emotions attached to this ukulele, and I haven't even gotten my hands on it yet.

Estimated delivery is Thursday, day after tomorrow. Fortunately I planned for this and got Friday off this week so that I've got a long weekend to thoroughly enjoy myself, and entertain my wife and cats!.

Doug

Props to your wife for funding the gift but allowing you to pick out what you wanted and timing it so you'd have it by your bday. Some would have tried to buy you something they thought you'd like and could miss the mark.

My husband bought me an uke for my bday last year, but he had seen me watching a soprano Flea on ebay and said he'd buy it for me if that's what I really wanted. :)

So, definitely take your wonderful wife out for a nice dinner. Then serenade her with that gorgeous new Pono. :)

Awwww love this story. Congratulations on an amazing wife and uke

Top Bottom