"Hang On To Me"

H

Hippie Dribble

1924. Jesse Greer - Raymond Klages. Featured in the film 'Marianne' of the same year.

Is it Ike's best song? Maybe, maybe not, but it's gotta be right up there...

In the absence of traceable sheet music, my friend Fernando Gardinali worked out the chords from this clip of Cliff performing it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnK3Lss-wrE&list=PLB612DCBDF0435B86&in...
and generously passed them my way.

For the record, Ike is using a soprano uke tuned to Bb. I played it on a baritone uke tuned to Ab. Thanks for watching folks, I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tNB8DtsWj0

:)

Brilliant, as usual. Where do you always find these great old songs!?

Brilliant, as usual. Where do you always find these great old songs!?

thanks heaps mate. :) This one's from a Cliff Edwards record called "Singing In The Rain". You can still track it down on ebay I'm pretty sure...

Great job Jon. I think that baritone really suits you!

John

Yet another from you, eugene ukulele, that charms me to my core. It's not quite the same without a dame with adoring eyes mistaking you for a cigarette dispenser ... but you still make it work! :)
thanks estreya
Great job Jon. I think that baritone really suits you!

John
man thanks brother
Good good good...but yeah, I miss the blonde. I'm married to one, though.
cheers doc. well, eugenie's got auburn hair, what can I say

thanks heaps mate. :) This one's from a Cliff Edwards record called "Singing In The Rain". You can still track it down on ebay I'm pretty sure...

Nice, whenever i catch one of your vids I always go and look up the song. Im amazed at your song selection skills. I think the ability to choose tasteful material is as important to a performer as skill playing, and somehow you got graced with both dude!

Nice, whenever i catch one of your vids I always go and look up the song. Im amazed at your song selection skills. I think the ability to choose tasteful material is as important to a performer as skill playing, and somehow you got graced with both dude!
yeah some songs you just fall in love with instantly. This one was a classic example of that. Sometimes you have to fiddle around with the key to make it fit your voice. I have a very narrow vocal range so it's not always the easiest thing to do, but it's like an itch that needs scratching. Once you can get it out of your system you can move on to the next one!!! Thanks a lot for the comments though mate, I really appreciate it. :eek:

Jon - that baritone was made for you, man - just keeps sounding better with each tune you put up.... maybe it's because you keep choosing great songs, as well.... this is just top notch.....

Another hit from Cliff and Jon. Thanks! You guys have a nice cross-century collaboration going. Sweet.

Aloha Eugene,
great job on the bari...loved it...Intresting how you switch from the Bb key into the A key....
and love the old video link of them doing the prestidigitation(sleight of hand) tricks with the ciggies...ha ha

Jon - that baritone was made for you, man - just keeps sounding better with each tune you put up.... maybe it's because you keep choosing great songs, as well.... this is just top notch.....
cheers Bill, I'm loving the bari too mate and this song is hard to beat I reckon
Another hit from Cliff and Jon. Thanks! You guys have a nice cross-century collaboration going. Sweet.
blessings Ralf
Aloha Eugene,
great job on the bari...loved it...Intresting how you switch from the Bb key into the A key....
and love the old video link of them doing the prestidigitation(sleight of hand) tricks with the ciggies...ha ha
I'm playing with the uke tuned to Ab mate. Thanks a lot Stan. Yeah, isn't it a great video? Just awesome stuff!
Great job!

I just love this song!

thanks Fernando, all credit to you for working out the chords brother. Thanks a million mate, I always wanted to play this song and thanks to you, it could happen. I appreciate it very much!

Chords

Hello!

Great video!! I love this song and I'm looking for the chords. Is it possible for you to send me it? Would be much appreciated!

Bye!

Top Bottom