Fluke Firefly Banjo Ukulele REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
I bought this Uke a little while back, mine is made from Black Walnut, I like this Uke because it is so light, I like the uniqueness of sound that it produces. Its a fun little instrument. I am no means a Banjo player, dont want to be either I just like the different sound that I have in my library of sounds. I recently did a Woody Guthrie video for the seven seasons of the Ukulele on ukulele underground which gives you an idea of a sound sample and what I was able to get out of it with minimal banjolele experience, I like the set up with zero fret, Came with Aquilas and I have nothing but praises for this little banjo/fluke/lele
Ukuloonie.

Last edited:
Agree with that! It's not really a banjo if you see what I mean. Suspect some banjo purists may hate it, but I love it. Kind of unique sound.

Thanks Bary, I played one in honolulu last Fall -high end shop & the guy said that I did not want it (sound) but after thinking about it again & your comments I will probably pick one up soon. will be my third Banjo uke. Good review

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm entirely in agreement with you. I was turned off by the heavy bulky nature of other banjo ukes as well, but I love the lightness and playability of my Firefly. I use it just when I want that banjo flavor, and it doesn't let me down.

Thank you pepamanina

I posted review in various places, such as Facebook. It has certainly divided opinion though!

Top Bottom