First one this year

Timbuck

Reaction score
It's taken ages to get back making style "O" sopranos again :) just couldn't get motivated..but anyway here is the first.
PICT0025-2.jpg

Those strings look so evenly spaced at the bridge! ;)

Ken, your craftsmanship is always an inspiration. Love the look of this one.

David, what is the thinking behind the x-bracing shown on the ukulele in your avatar? The standard bracing pattern for a soprano would be a ladder brace either side of the sound-hole and a bridge patch. I'm interested to know why you decided upon an x-braced pattern?

The standard bracing pattern for a soprano would be a ladder brace either side of the sound-hole and a bridge patch.

If we are talking about the Martin style soprano like the one Ken presented above, the "standard" is a bridge patch only. No bracing.

Ken, I see the pic of the vintage Martin, but where's the pic of yours? :) Seriously, though she's a beauty.

If we are talking about the Martin style soprano like the one Ken presented above, the "standard" is a bridge patch only. No bracing.

No bracing on the soundboard of course, but you would have a brace either side of the sound hole.

Don't want to crash Tim's thread, he makes beautiful ukes.
The one in my avatar is just one I did with an x, no biggie, and it sounded great.

Don't want to crash Tim's thread, he makes beautiful ukes.
The one in my avatar is just one I did with an x, no biggie, and it sounded great.

Thanks David. I have heard that Gibson braced some of their ukes with an x pattern for a while, but have never seen anyone else do it. Didn't mean to question your methods, just interested. Your work looks lovely too.

Top Bottom