PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: your extra set of Worth Browns

fretie
04-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Seems like a lot of string packets come with enough for two sets of strings. I'm hoping to try some Worth Browns, high G, on my concert uke. In fact if you had more Worth Clears than you can use, I would be interested in those as well to see which I prefer.

So, if you have any extra sets of Worth Browns or Clears that you would like to sell, please let me know.

thanks,
Erin

Markr1
04-04-2012, 01:56 PM
I like the clears but didn't care much for the browns. I got mine on eBay.

connor013
04-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I like the clears but didn't care much for the browns. I got mine on eBay.

Funny -- I'd take the browns over clears any day. Erin, you can check elderly.com as well. (Occasionally they have sales and/or free shipping).

itsme
04-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Funny -- I'd take the browns over clears any day.
Same here. Thing is, first time I ordered them (from MGM on ebay) they were out of clears (which I thought I'd like better) so I got the browns. When they finally had clears and I got some, I didn't like them as much as the browns.

Markr1
04-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I tried them on my sceptre maybe I should have tried them on a different one. When you mentioned elderly it just hit me that's where I got mine from not ebay.
Funny -- I'd take the browns over clears any day. Erin, you can check elderly.com as well. (Occasionally they have sales and/or free shipping).

coolkayaker1
04-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Clears over browns every day, every way.

hapuna
04-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Clears over browns every day, every way.

+1 I think fretie was fishing for the other half of someones Worths at a good price.

fretie
04-04-2012, 06:36 PM
+1 I think fretie was fishing for the other half of someones Worths at a good price.

You got it, hapuna!

And given that folks seem to like clears AND browns, I'd be thrilled to buy the other half of your packet, clears and browns, if you have some left over.

If no leftovers, I'll look into placing my order with elderly so long as the shipping cost doesn't slay me.

coolkayaker1
04-05-2012, 01:39 AM
You got it, hapuna!

And given that folks seem to like clears AND browns, I'd be thrilled to buy the other half of your packet, clears and browns, if you have some left over.

If no leftovers, I'll look into placing my order with elderly so long as the shipping cost doesn't slay me.

Free shipping on orders over fifty bucks.

Fretties new thread: anyone want to go halvsies on my Elderly order. Lol.

Seriously, I just sold about three extra sets of Worths on uu marketplace at cost b.c I had to buy so many at once for Elderlys free shipping. So, there are many who would buy them from you if no one has the split pack.

vanflynn
04-05-2012, 03:34 AM
Free shipping on orders over fifty bucks.
I had to buy so many at once for Elderlys free shipping.

I too am guilty of this. I have a couple SNARKs I'll someday use but bought to avoid the dreaded shipping cost.

Fretie. I don't have any halves but I do have an extra full set of concert Worth Brown Mediums I bought from elderly and would sell them at cost. PM me if you are interested

fretie
04-05-2012, 04:38 AM
Thanks guys, I put my order in last night with Elderly, ate the shipping - ouch - don't need extra stuff right now, just wanna try some strings.