"The 8th Season of the Ukulele" Contest : Easter/Spring week

strumsilly

Reaction score
"The 8th Season of the Ukulele" Contest : Easter week
since no one else is stepping up, I'll take it.
Easter is Sunday, so an Easter song ,religious or secular. Easter is only 4 days away so let's make the deadline the beginning of the 2nd Sunday of Easter, that would be 12 midnight. I won't be picky on the time as long as it's in by Sunday morning[4-15-12], that will give me time Sunday to judge. if anyone else wants to co judge, let me know.
Prizes, one set Tenor Hilo strings [low G]
one set D'Addario t2 concert strings [high g]
1st place winner gets 1st choice
2nd place gets other set.
3rd place gets a hearty "well done"
for rules and judging criteria see 7th season of the Ukulele contest., the Ukulele should be front and center. Bunny costume optional.
good luck. just post your videos to this thread.

Last edited:
"The 8th Season of the Ukulele" Contest : Easter week
since no one else is stepping up, I'll take it.
Easter is Sunday, so an Easter song ,religious or secular. Easter is only 4 days away so let's make the deadline the beginning of the 2nd Sunday of Easter, that would be 12 midnight. I won't be picky on the time as long as it's in by Sunday morning[4-15-12], that will give me time Sunday to judge. if anyone else wants to co judge, let me know.
Prizes, one set Tenor Hilo strings [low G]
one set D'Addario t2 concert strings [high g]
for rules and judging criteria see 7th season of the Ukulele contest., the Ukulele should be front and center. Bunny costume optional.
good luck. just post your videos to this thread.

Excellent, Strumsilly! Off to find an Easter song!

when you say "easter song," do you also mean basically any song that could possibly be sung in a church on a Sunday? Or does it have to specifically contain the words "easter," or "bunny?"

when you say "easter song," do you also mean basically any song that could possibly be sung in a church on a Sunday? Or does it have to specifically contain the words "easter," or "bunny?"
by Easter song I mean a song that would be appropriate for Easter season for example
religious- Christ the Lord is risen today
secular - The Song of the Easter Bunny
it does not have to contain the words Easter or bunny etc.

so, would a spring song satisfy the requirements seeing that the easter season is at the same time of year as the rites of spring and
spring equinox, and...., there are more songs to chose from? just wondering!

so, would a spring song satisfy the requirements seeing that the easter season is at the same time of year as the rites of spring and
spring equinox, and...., there are more songs to chose from? just wondering!
sure, the title is Easter/Spring. bring it on

Hi there,
what if it contains the word "Easter" in the title but is not thematically an Easter song?

by Easter song I mean a song that would be appropriate for Easter season for example
religious- Christ the Lord is risen today
secular - The Song of the Easter Bunny
it does not have to contain the words Easter or bunny etc.

John the Revelator. (it was this or "Chocolate Jesus")
Just about everything I know about the bible I learned from blues, reggae and renaissance art.
I haven't learned much about playing the blues as you will see...

Mainland Bari with Guadalupe Octave-low strings

Last edited:
Hi there,
what if it contains the word "Easter" in the title but is not thematically an Easter song?
I don't even know what that means. assume if the song even vaguely has some connection to Spring or Easter it is OK.
AND before anyone asks, enter as often as you wish, I'll judge your Last entry for the contest.

Last edited:
you are first peewee that's worth a bonus point. your uke sounds awesome, I'm partial to baris, it had such a nice deep sound I'm asuming it is.

Just about everything I know about the bible I learned from blues, reggae and renaissance art.

Well done peewee, blimey you got that one in quick :) loved it and love the sound of that uke, really enjoyed your song :)

you are first peewee that's worth a bonus point. your uke sounds awesome, I'm partial to baris, it had such a nice deep sound I'm asuming it is.
Thanks, I'll take any bonus I can get, and use my "first" status as an excuse for my first take performance.
It's a Mainland Bari, and it has the strings from Guadalupe that tune up an octave BELOW a low G set.
It's a whole different instrument strung that way.

peewee's first take went up first; here's my second take.

Beloff's Daily Ukulele came through with an idea---a lovely Irving Berlin song. And I played a pretty pink ukulele in hopes of reminding y'all of Easter baskets, bunnies, and candy.

Rad. You came up with your uke part playing along to Son House's a cappella version? Very cool.

Well, here ya go. A Gaither classic. The vocals are a little sketchy at the beginning... well, the whole time. Oh well.

peewee's first take went up first; here's my second take.

Beloff's Daily Ukulele came through with an idea---a lovely Irving Berlin song. And I played a pretty pink ukulele in hopes of reminding y'all of Easter baskets, bunnies, and candy.

GREAT job. I loved that one.

Top Bottom