Curse you, Musician's Friend.

JKoval

Reaction score
This is turning out to be a big pain in the Mahalo.

I'm trying to simply order my Lanikai and it seems like it may never get here. Details aren't that important cause apparently they used my debit card but then mysteriously took away the transaction. I'm so lost. Goodbye first ukulele! :) Here's looking to the future. You can't dwell on things... this'll just gimme more time to prepare songs to play!

-Jeff

Another option. Have you tried MGM?. Bigger assortment, fast shipping and excellent service. I don't know what your budget is, but I'm pretty sure he can help you out. A lot of the members here are extremely satisfied and can attest to his quality service.

hahaha. the net ( -.- )

i wish i had a uke store nearby and they order any uke u wish to buy :D

I think musicians friend doesn't update their website for stock items, They don't officially go on backorder until somebody orders one when they have none left. So basically it'll say in stock and ready to ship, Even though they have none. Then when you or I buy one. it goes on backorder status on the item window....They claim they have backorder problems because they moved their warehouse from Oregon to Kansas City. :confused: That was nearly 3 years ago....

This year alone, These items went on backorder for me. a Rogue Lap Steel guitar, 5 weeks, ESP F-50 guitar 10 weeks, a Micheal Kelly F Style Mandolin 6 weeks and then my ukulele which i canceled. i ordered that 5 weeks ago and its on backorder status on their website.........

Now this is what they tell me. Its the industry....The reason the dates always change on their website is because the manufacturer date keeps changing..I find that hard to believe though. Because i called a retailer that sales Lanikai ukes and he gave me a specific date and time his shipment comes in, Provided by lanikai.....So Musicians friend lies to their customers to get them to stay on order status....They may come in at a specific time. But, when the order comes it they go right back out for the people who's on backorder....Thats why the date keeps changing.......

I used to love musicians friend. But within the last year or so i've come to Not like them at all :mad: ....All i have here in Dallas Ft Worth is Guitar Center :uhoh: I can't stand guitar center.... They own Musicians Friend...Brook Mays Music went out of business...I loved that store...

But anyway....Happy Playing!!

Another option. Have you tried MGM?. Bigger assortment, fast shipping and excellent service. I don't know what your budget is, but I'm pretty sure he can help you out. A lot of the members here are extremely satisfied and can attest to his quality service.

yeah I would definetely try MGM. I have never heard anything negative about him. Hes a great guy and I am sure he will help you find what you are looking for. :D

I've used Musician's Friend for a lot of stuff...I gotten 3 Ukes, a Bass guitar, a drum set, some midi controllers and have been very happy with all of them... However, I ordered a Lanikai pinapple uke from them last year and it seems to me that their stock levels were not quite accurate at that time either. It was around Christmas time, so I attributed the problem to being the busy season, but maybe there is some issue with Lanikai filling Musician's Friend's orders.

That being said MGM is definitely my first choice for anything uke related. Once I discovered them, I haven't gone back to Musician's Friend for ukuleles...just non-uke items.

yeah I would definetely try MGM. I have never heard anything negative about him. Hes a great guy and I am sure he will help you find what you are looking for. :D

I have something negative to say about MGM. MGM has caused me countless hours of lost sleep by offering too many nice ukes. Also my index finger is worn out from click click clicking away on his ebay site.

MGM is more of a friend to musicians that Musician's Friend is.

:D

JJ

I have something negative to say about MGM. MGM has caused me countless hours of lost sleep by offering too many nice ukes. Also my index finger is worn out from click click clicking away on his ebay site.

not to mention the need to change your pants once the ups man knocks on your door. or too change a second time when you open the uke....ah memories......

not to mention the need to change your pants once the ups man knocks on your door. or too change a second time when you open the uke....ah memories......

agrees!! :rock: I have a relationship with my UPS man, He knows if I am not home to put my packages in the Garage and lock the garage door..Thats hard to come by in a City of 8 million people....

wow nice. i wish i got to know my ups guy like that lol. maybe someday you can get free shipping!

My UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL guys know I don't wear pants.

FREE49 is a code on Musician's Friend for free shipping. :)

-Jeff

Seriously?! Awww... I could have used that a couple days ago. I ended up buying elsewhere because of shipping costs. Musician's Friend delivered my back-ordered Applause UA10 shorter than expected a while back. Maybe I just got lucky.

do u get the same delivery guy every time?

do u get the same delivery guy every time?

Yep! i Sure do, That goes for Fedex UPS and DHL....I don't care much for my DHL guy though...For some reason he puts the packages at my door, rings the doorbell Then runs to his truck.....He runs as in Sprinting!

I've tried to wait on him and open the door right before he gets to it...He sneaks up all the time though........:rofl:

The problem was worse than I expected... it should be here my Wednesday... so if it arrives on time then... my curses are taken back. :)

-Jeff

Last edited:
Top Bottom