who does this?!!!!!!!

cracked me up.this is just wrong. i stumbled upon this atrocity and couldnt figure out why would someone do this. is it pure ignorance or jus plain old dumbasserry.

I think it is pretty clearly ignorance.

Or, as Randy Cassingham calls it in THIS IS TRUE (www.thisistrue.com - a worthwhile read!) an Obliviot (aka "Oblivious Idiot".)

Who Does This?

It wasn't me. I swear to it. I wasn't even near that uke.

Although, it appears someone might have been playing it on their lap. Similar to some lap steels. (just a thought)

I've seen it before, can't figure out why someone would do it though. I think people who don't know anything about instruments don't guess that the peg sticks up through just a bit if you put it in from the bottom.......

I've seen this several times. I think they pick it up and lay it on a table or their lap, and as they are looking at it from above, well it's just obvious that that must be how the pegs go in....

I'd quite like to see someone play that thing like a lap steel.

Interesting, but easy way to deal with worn peg holes. I hope it's a temporary fix.

ive never seen that...

and although I'm sad for the instrument, it still made me laugh out loud... "LOL" as the kids like to say.

It made Me say the same thing I frequently say when I watch old cop reruns during my late night insomnia.
WHY?

Last edited:
Well, it would make it easier to tune a fretted note, if that situation ever come up. You can just reach over with your right hand and there's the peg!

JJ

I wouldn't do it to a vintage Kumalae, but maybe the long pegs sticking out the back were a nuisance to the player, and this was an easy solution. We see, these days, some pretty unconventional tuners and some really unconventional positions for tuners, even on the body rather than the head of the uke. We call it innovation on a new ukulele. As long as the instrument isn't seriously damaged, why not try something like this out?

You mean that's not the right way to fit them!................. Back to the drawing board.

@Aussieash
No.. Please elaborate... LMAO..
I was thinking slightly harder drugs than some slight solvent abuse... Lol...

Top Bottom