What is you Favorite song to play now...

Oh Lord, won't you buy me, a mercedes benz...

Great question!
Kaulana na pua- Aaron crowells version on "island style ukulele" compilation.

Still "What a Wonderful World" - the Armstrong version. I found it on an easy chord site, and it was mostly wrong but for two chords. It was the first time I put something together myself as my own arrangement and it's a great little go-to tune. Busting out the House of the Rising Sun where you go along with the established chords, then throw in a nice D with the pinky on the 5 fret A string, and then complete the melody going up the fretboard and back down.. sounds harder than it is, so easy to impress people. :D

mine changes every day mate and sometimes several times in a day as I'm constantly learning something new.

Right now at 8am this Good Friday morning it is "Hang On To Me" by Cliff Edwards. By lunchtime it'll be "The Happiest Way To Be Sad " by Lil' Rev off his latest record, as I'm planning to record it this afternoon. By tonight it may well be "I Aint Got Nobody", the ol' time jazz-blues melody...then tomorrow morning....then...then...I'm a mad music junkie Bruddah. Always love 'aint she sweet' though and that is also the song my daughter plays whenever she picks up her uke :)

I begin and end every session with "Fools Rush In." At first it was because there are so many different ways to play around with it. Now I think it's more superstition.

Eight Days a Week, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, (Beatles)Very Strange,by (Wayne Shirlock, very fun and easy)End of the line, (by the Traveling Wilburys),
Killing me softly (Roberta Flack) How can I be sure (by the Young Rascals) Dream a little dream (by the Mamas and the Papas) Who put the bomp (by Barry Mann) A Mighty wind (by the New Main St Singers,in the movie A Mighty Wind) I'm Alabamy Bound(really fun!)The Summer Wind. Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out (Eric Clapton) Dedicated Follower of Fashion (by the Kinks)When You're Smiling.
These are the songs I can play all the way through without hesitating. I have been playing every day for one year. Yay!

Hi ya stan some where i have a lovely segwayed version of 5 ft 2, yes sir thats my baby & aint she sweet, they go really well together if your interested i can try and dig it out for you, unless you already have it.

Fave song well thats a toughie, i do love Georgia on my mind, i can play it reasonably well , just cant seem to sing the damn bugger lol, i have such a eclectic taste in music, that its hard to pick one song, i love anything by johnny cash, and since picking up the uke, i am listening to older music instead of new stuff i am/was a massive fan of indie music (alternate i guess ) but now i am really digging the old american country/folk stuff, eugine has got me interested in woody guthrie, so i am listening to alot of his stuff at the mo and trying to play a few (badly) anyway great thread and happy easter :)

The two right now. "I'll See You In My Dreams", re-entrant and John Prine's "Souveniers" low G.

mine changes every day mate and sometimes several times in a day as I'm constantly learning something new.

Same here. A couple favorites right now are "Puttin' on the Ritz" and "Deep Purple" with one of my uke groups, and for playing solo, the second movement from Mozart's Sonata in C Major/K545.

Lately? The first few that come to mind:

"All I Do Is Dream of You" (Arthur Freed & Nacio Herb Brown)
"Straight to Hell" (The Clash)
"Signed, Sealed, & Delivered" (Stevie Wonder)
"Ainahau" (Princess Likelike)
"I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" (Joseph McCarthy & Harry Carroll)

Great thread, mm stan. Love seeing what everyone's up to lately.

Been at the uke for a few weeks now, so only know 2 songs so far: Ob-La-Di and What A Wonderful World, so I guess those are my two favorites :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom